1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default what is your favorite budget droid ?

The title says it all.

I personally would pick the LG optimus L7ii

Here the specs:

Default Re: what is your favorite budget droid ?

LG optimus isn't part of the droid lineup.

Sent from my AOSP on Mako using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by pj228 View Post
    LG optimus isn't part of the droid lineup.

Sent from my AOSP on Mako using Tapatalk
    What do you mean. It runs Android jelly bean.
    my devices: Nokia Lumia 520, Samsung Galaxy S2, Nokia Asha 301, Samsung star, samsung E1105T (supper dumb phone)

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate1 View Post
    What do you mean. It runs Android jelly bean.
    "Droid" is a proprietary marketing term licensed from Lucas Films by Verizon Wireless. They used to put the "Droid" monikier on specific Android phones that met certain requirements, but it has since been narrowed to Motorola Android phones (other than the Moto X) on Verizon. Android and "Droid" are not the same thing. All "Droids" run Android, but not all phones that run Android are "Droids".

As to the question of what my favorite budget Android phone is, well that depends on what you mean by budget. Cheap on contract? Cheap off contract? What is cheap off contract? Under $400? Under $300? Under $200?

My go to answer to this question, if carrier weren't a consideration, would be the $299 contract free Moto X on Republic Wireless.

My favorite is the Samsung Galaxy S Infuse 4G

Sent from my SGH-I997
    4.3.1 Jellybean (scott.hart.bti)
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    "Droid" is a proprietary marketing term licensed from Lucas Films by Verizon Wireless. They used to put the "Droid" monikier on specific Android phones that met certain requirements, but it has since been narrowed to Motorola Android phones (other than the Moto X) on Verizon. Android and "Droid" are not the same thing. All "Droids" run Android, but not all phones that run Android are "Droids".

As to the question of what my favorite budget Android phone is, well that depends on what you mean by budget. Cheap on contract? Cheap off contract? What is cheap off contract? Under $400? Under $300? Under $200?

My go to answer to this question, if carrier weren't a consideration, would be the $299 contract free Moto X on Republic Wireless.
    I didn't include the price because different phones sell for different prices in different countries. What would get you a cheap budget phone in south Africa would probably get you a flagship in the United States.

Ok...say no price higher then what you would pay for a lumia 620 or Samsung galaxy ace 3 (which ever costs less)
    my devices: Nokia Lumia 520, Samsung Galaxy S2, Nokia Asha 301, Samsung star, samsung E1105T (supper dumb phone)

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate1 View Post
    I didn't include the price because different phones sell for different prices in different countries. What would get you a cheap budget phone in south Africa would probably get you a flagship in the United States.

Ok...say no price higher then what you would pay for a lumia 620 or Samsung galaxy ace 3 (which ever costs less)
    Okay. Those phones are $220 and $230 respectively, so which is cheaper probably depends on which one is on special at any given moment. For that price I would get something from BLU Products. They have a variety of phones available at that price range depending on what specs are important to you. You could get the BLU Quattro 4.5 if speed is important to you. It has a Tegra 3 and HSPA+ for $226. If you wanted a bigger screen and could live with less performance, Studio 5.0 is a good choice with a 5" screen and a dual core processor at the same price. If you want something inbetween on both speed and screen size, the BLU Life Play 4.7 gives you a lesser quad core processor (I believe its a MediaTEK) and a 4.7" screen at the same price as the other two. Though, if I had a little more money ($290), I'd get the BLU QUattro 5.7. Gives you a 5.7" HD screen, Tegra 3 processor, and an 8 MP camera for $285
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    Okay. Those phones are $220 and $230 respectively, so which is cheaper probably depends on which one is on special at any given moment. For that price I would get something from BLU Products. They have a variety of phones available at that price range depending on what specs are important to you. You could get the BLU Quattro 4.5 if speed is important to you. It has a Tegra 3 and HSPA+ for $226. If you wanted a bigger screen and could live with less performance, Studio 5.0 is a good choice with a 5" screen and a dual core processor at the same price. If you want something inbetween on both speed and screen size, the BLU Life Play 4.7 gives you a lesser quad core processor (I believe its a MediaTEK) and a 4.7" screen at the same price as the other two. Though, if I had a little more money ($290), I'd get the BLU QUattro 5.7. Gives you a 5.7" HD screen, Tegra 3 processor, and an 8 MP camera for $285
    Never heard of them...rather what is your internationally available budget Android of choice ?