Finally. The Official Hangouts update is out

Ya_Bish

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
It's pretty good so far. Needs to be smoother, but they'll fix that with updates. I am so happy, I have been waiting for a LONG time.:)

Thoughts?:)

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
1. SMS integration is nice, but seamless splitting and joining of over-length messages would be nicer.

2. SMS integration is nice, but more intelligently combining Hangouts and SMS (instead of simply having two separate conversations) would be nicer.

3. I want my Google Voice integration and don't want to wait until "early 2014." :p

4. The new video/gif/location sharing features are very nice additions.

Ya_Bish

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, a lot of people aren't happy about #3. I agree with your points though.
1. SMS integration is nice, but seamless splitting and joining of over-length messages would be nicer.

2. SMS integration is nice, but more intelligently combining Hangouts and SMS (instead of simply having two separate conversations) would be nicer.

3. I want my Google Voice integration and don't want to wait until "early 2014." :p

4. The new video/gif/location sharing features are very nice additions.

Powerplaygraphix

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I had it side-loaded and uninstalled it to see about getting the official one but all I get are 1.2 and not 2.0. I guess it's only rolling out to some. I'm on Verizon LG G2.

Jron954

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand, If the app is updated and already rolled out how come it's not available for anyone running 4.0+ like it says? Can somebody explain to me?

Posted via Android Central App

ahaxton

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Google does phased roll outs of new software. They do it for two reasons: to catch bugs before they reach too many people, and to not overwhelm their servers as the roll out updates.

rdubmu

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Still oohing, but when I un-installed then install again it says that SMS integration is what is different among other things in the version. I update and still on 1.2

I have a LG G2

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I like the new Hangouts and using the sms feature to see how I like it. There does need to be better integration of the two, but I'm sure that will improve with time.

Although not the most intuitive, I would like a separate icon to send an sms and not have all the contacts pop up or names on Google+.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer