Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Default Re: What's happening to you Google?

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    This is what I'm not getting though. Even through the new picture "app", sharing options for me are BlueTooth, Picasa, Messaging, Hangouts, Google+,DropBox, Drive, Gmail, Kindle, Keep, Buffer, Snapspeed, Facebook, Twitter, Tapatalk , Autodesk and Latern. I've only seen that list grow larger over time, not smaller. I'm sure if I download it, that Instagram would be added too.
    He's not talking about using the share feature in Android, he's talking about sharing his photos with friends and family. It's gotten much more complicated to share without using Google+.

Quote Originally Posted by The Article
    Now when I go to share photos, Google insists on doing it as a Google+ post and asks me which of my Circles I would like to share with. But my parents arent in my Circles. Nor are half my real-life friends the smart ones. I want a link, and Google wont give it to me anymore without hunting madly through its broken interface and (ironically) forcing me to Google Search for the answer. Want to change a cover photo? Good luck finding that option. And did I ask for this undeletable stack of Profile photos mixed in with my neatly organized travel photos? No Google, I did not.

Global Posts
    6,876 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by garublador View Post
    He's not talking about using the share feature in Android, he's talking about sharing his photos with friends and family. It's gotten much more complicated to share without using Google+.
    Oh, once they're in G+ or what? Because otherwise those 15-17 or so items seem to enable sharing with just about anyone so I'm not sure I'm understanding the difference.

XT1060. Through spacetime.

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    Oh, once they're in G+ or what? Because otherwise those 15-17 or so items seem to enable sharing with just about anyone so I'm not sure I'm understanding the difference.

XT1060. Through spacetime.
    This may sound weird, but there are other ways to take pictures than a smartphone. Some people use cameras, download their photos to their PC's and then want friends and family from around the world to see the pictures they've taken. The author used to use Picasa because it was very easy, but Google has made it increasingly hard to use without integrating it with other services that his friends and family (or most everyone' friends and families, really) use. They're taking services that people like and trying to leverage them to force people to use Google+, even though few actually want to use it.

This article isn't about Android, it's about Google in general.

Google are getting very much like Microsoft. Does anyone remember the big law suit against Microsoft for making IE integrated into Windows?

It isn't that bad yet because stock Android seems a lot more stable than Windows, but if you want to uninstall Google apps you have to learn how to root the phone. On my n5 there's over 600MBs of Google apps.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

There are plenty of paid services you can use if you don't want to work with Google.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Rule9 View Post
    The question is asked here and IMO is a valid one in light of recent changes to Google Services:

Why Google is getting worse | Digital Trends

Maps, Gmail, Photos, are all going from top notch to mediocre or worse in the span of a couple updates. Don't get me started on Youtube. Hangouts still feels unfinished. And the list goes on.

I think I know the answer to the question the writer is asking, and it's Sundar Pichai. It's unlikely a coincidence that these problems have been appearing since he took Rubin's spot.
    I've long wondered what they're smoking out there in Mountain View. IMO, they've completely borked Maps, GMail, and Youtube. I refuse to update any of them and stick with the older versions that "just work" and have all the functionality I want/need.

This is funny...no technology is ever finished or amazing. You can find holes everywhere and actually, historically I cannot agree at all. Google was never about making it all work perfectly right away, but gradually they have come to a point when they more than 80% of the mobile market and the biggest search system on the planet. When I ready these comments, Louis CK comes to my mind instantly - technology that is provided today to almost every human being is in abundance. You can get a great Android phone for a 100$ and do stuff on it that you could not imagine doing 10 years ago.
    What's happening to you Google?-oatmeal.png

Could you explain, what exactly do you think is not good with today's Google?

I'm using the new stuff and it seems to be working good for me. May it just be a matter of preference?
    Thanked by:

I find all the new versions work better for my specific use cases.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12