opinions on Moto X and Note 3

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I put this in general since it needs both views.

I am having a really hard time deciding between the Note 3 and Moto X. I am looking for people who have actually tried/used both.
I have had the Moto X for about 3 weeks and bought the Note 3 and used it a few days before taking it back.
I got it knowing I would return it and basically got to try the phone for $35 (restock fee)

moto x

The moto x was the 1st android phone that made me enjoy the OS and not miss iOS at all, the phone converted me to android.
I love everything you have ever read from fans about the Moto X. great in the hand, the active notifications etc etc etc. You know them all if you've used the phone.
Love the 4.7" screen coming from an iPhone 4" screen. Love the idea of getting 4.4 in the Very near future. I love the phone. It's awesome in every way possible.
Battery life for me is amazing. I can't kill the phone in a normal day. The camera is awesome as well. no lag.

The only negatives on the moto x, for me, screen: wish it was 5"and 1080p and a little brighter. ( I run ALL my devices at 100% brightness, no auto. always have, always will )

The Note 3 is also a great phone. The screen is beautiful. 5.7 inches of pure glory.
On standard, with auto tone correct and auto bright off, and 100% brightness it's one of the most accurate screens I have ever seen.
The s pen is amazingly cool after finding the use for one. ( I always considered it a gimmick until I actually USED one )
The Note 3 is 32GB out of the box, couldn't care less about the micro sd slot and removable battery.
If I own the phone, the back will never come off after the first day the battery is installed.
The size and screen made me love this phone. Feels great in the hand, not too big. The cam is great about equal to the moto x but with more shooting features.
I don't use most of the samsung features like hand waiving, eye scroll, look away etc.

The note negatives for me: Touch Wiz and a little bit of "hitching" (I won't call it lag) and the push for samsung stuff over google stuff. I like Google now over S voice. etc.
I used to actually like touchwiz until I used the moto x pureness and then I saw why some people have a hate / love relationship with TW.

The reason I am considering the Note 3 vs the Moto x is because I don't want to buy a tablet and carry 2 devices. The Note give me a phone and a small tablet all in one. I like that idea.
I am considering just keeping the moto x because of the smooth interface, great moto x only features, 4.4 and nice compact size, but that leaves me with no tablet. ...

I would like to hear from those that used and tried both devices. Which way did you go? moto x or note 3, why did you chose one over the other.
It's hard to make these choices with so many great devices out there. For me, its one of these two.
There are some great people on these boards with lots of great info. Maybe you chose one or the other for a reason I didn't even know was part of android.

I am a noobie to android. I don't root devices. I don't really understand launchers much, but, I did buy Nova Prime on google play and used it for a day on the Note 3.
Since I set my android phone up much like you would an iPhone, I didn't really see the difference. It didn't take anything away from TW really... maybe I was using it wrong.

my home screen on moto x

moto x ss.jpg

simple. like iPhone with a widget. screen to the left has a clock and more apps.

kembry

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I wish I could say I've used both, but for me the Moto X clinches it. It's a fabulous phone experience. Couple that with anice Nexus 7, and you've found Nirvana. I know you want to avoid the tablet, but I really love both. You won't be sorry.

BlueLions81

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
My decision was between the Droid Maxx and the Note 3. I really liked the big screen on the Note 3, but it was too big for my hands. Also, it would be hard to fit it in a smaller purse or a pocket. I ended up going with the Droid Maxx. It still has a nice size screen and a huge battery. If you want a slightly bigger screen (but not too big) and a bigger battery then the Droid Maxx is the phone to get.

roadkizzle

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I haven't ever seen or held the Note 3, but for my personal uses and taste, it brings nothing to the table that the Moto X doesn't do better.

There have been many times where I've held my Moto X (as well as my Xperia TL and Galaxy S2 before it), and thought that it is just a hair to big widthwise. Most of the time it's comfortable to use, but occasionally having a good grip on it and using it one-handed still is just a tad tricky.

I am a huge proponent of one-handed use and very rarely use both hands when operating any of my phones. I also really don't see the desire for a larger screen. It may just be that I'm still in my 20's, but I have a 7" Kindle Fire and a 10" Xoom sitting in my living room, and I STILL spend most of my mobile (well mobile device, sitting on my couch) web browsing/game playing/e-book reading on my 4.7" phone. It easily shows enough for me and I don't have to constantly pick up multiple devices to do different jobs. The Kindle is my preferred e-book device, and with its bluetooth keyboard it is better for taking notes in meetings, but it is not my most commonly used device.

The Moto X is the first device since my Atrix 4g that I have loved using.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary