Do you prefer instant messaging or texting?

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I like them both. I use text mostly. IM is great for conversations, text for short 'I'll be home soon' messages. :D

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Makes no difference what I use is what most people use. Hell I've been using IM apps since before that term was coined.

Last edited:

TeknoBug

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
SMS texts, no need to force the other person to install an IM app, nobody on my contacts has even bothered with BBM for example but a few of them uses Skype and a few others uses Google chat or Facebook chat (which I don't use), etc. IM is far too fragmented, and SMS is available to everyone and mostly unlimited these days.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
SMS texts, no need to force the other person to install an IM app, nobody on my contacts has even bothered with BBM for example but a few of them uses Skype and a few others uses Google chat or Facebook chat (which I don't use), etc. IM is far too fragmented, and SMS is available to everyone and mostly unlimited these days.

Good points but only available to everyone with a phone, though there is Google voice if in the US

Posted via Android Central App

Matt South

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Messanger... I use Google voice with prepaid cell service without texting plan since I'm almost always on wifi...my cell phone bill has been reduced drastically thanks to voice and Facebook Messanger!

Posted via the Android Central App

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
IM becomes very handy if you travel/chat outside the country or switch handsets/phone numbers routinely (or carry multiple phones).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon