1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New Phone?

ok...so i'm still rocking my Droid X. where i live we have JUST gotten on the fringe of Verizon's 4G so i never felt the need to upgrade (besides...i'd lose my unlimited data with an upgrade). my wife has the SGIII. (we bought that on ebay and had Verizon add t so we'd save the data). i was just wondering what you guys thought of the newest devices out there. i havent been on here for quite a while so im a little out of the loop. and yes...i have considered the iphone but....im not really ready to join the dark side lol. thanks for your time!
    I didn't fight to get to the top of the food-chain to eat vegetables!!
    GO TARHEELS!!!

Global Posts
    13,853 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: New Phone?

Even though I am on Sprint, I love my Moto X. Possibly one of the best phones I have had.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by highjakker View Post
    ok...so i'm still rocking my Droid X. where i live we have JUST gotten on the fringe of Verizon's 4G so i never felt the need to upgrade (besides...i'd lose my unlimited data with an upgrade). my wife has the SGIII. (we bought that on ebay and had Verizon add t so we'd save the data). i was just wondering what you guys thought of the newest devices out there. i havent been on here for quite a while so im a little out of the loop. and yes...i have considered the iphone but....im not really ready to join the dark side lol. thanks for your time!
    Iphones are quite cool, but, you know, when it comes to customization and all the other Android powersides, I'd go for Nexus 5 (EDITED: just learned that Nexus 5 is not coming to Verizon), man, or LG G2

Thanks a lot Verizon! Now what do i get!? Moto x?

I am planning to leave Sprint this month. Considering Verizon and ATT. But more so than the carrier, its the device that I am hung up on. The Nexus 5 is appealing but that would also mean no Verizon. I am also considering the G2, SG4, Note 3. I prefer to stay android vs iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by fonslinger View Post
    I am planning to leave Sprint this month. Considering Verizon and ATT. But more so than the carrier, its the device that I am hung up on. The Nexus 5 is appealing but that would also mean no Verizon. I am also considering the G2, SG4, Note 3. I prefer to stay android vs iPhone.
    Get an nex 5 on Sprint then? Seeing as it supports all bands I would say its more future proof.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2 (Central n ohio Austin IL)

3 phones you want to look at. LG g2 Moto X and DROID maxx.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by highjakker View Post
    I have a Razr Maxx and still lovin' it but lately, I've been eye-ing the Galaxy Note 3. I went to VZN store and played with it, oh my goodness....this is THE phone for me If you want a phone that does more than just making calls and texting....you will appreciate the Note 3!! It is a bit larger than your Droid X by a few inches, it's pretty much comes down to personal preference....I love it cause I can watch Netflix, text and write emails without having a hard time with the size My hang up right now is how do I get it WITHOUT losing my unlimited data, lol....still crunching the numbers to see what's economically works for me

Good luck if you're thinking of taking that "leap of faith"

Quote Originally Posted by zobog View Post
    3 phones you want to look at. LG g2 Moto X and DROID maxx.

The more i read about the Moto X the intrigued i become. I currently have the Galaxy S2 on Sprint so I know all about Samsungs (and potentially LG's) UI. Based on what i have seen with the X, the UI is much closer to a Nexus experience. I have a Nexus 7 and i do enjoy how that works, but I wonder if the additional bells n whistles from the cell phone makers is more appropriate for a mobile phone vs tablet?

I ride a train for my daily commute so my main uses for the phone will be for browsing web, watching videos, listening to music while riding. My GS2 lasted 24 months so i anticipate my next device to last the same period of time.

HTC one is the best and using T-Mobile has by far the best priced plans.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by kt081801 View Post
    My hang up right now is how do I get it WITHOUT losing my unlimited data, lol....still crunching the numbers to see what's economically works for me
    One way to save your unlimited data is to buy the device online (ebay for example) or go to your carrier and pay full price. we're on VZW and the sales guy told me and my wife that was how to avoid losing our unlimited data. I'm sure you already know this but had to drop it on you in case!
    GO TARHEELS!!!

Definitely go for a new android phone.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Ok....UPDATE!

So I told my wife I wanted the Moto X.....and what does my loving wife do? She buys me a used GSIII off ebay. lol She's a thrifty one my wife is. I'll rock it for awhile....I mean come on guys..we know what it's like for us to give them gifts that they can return but all hell would break out if we, I, returned a gift much less one that's unreturnable off ebay......oh well....
    GO TARHEELS!!!