Offline podcast player?

ZeroAE

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I converted from WP8 a few weeks ago, and one of the reasons why is because of file management (which in WP is horrible).
Listening to podcasts there was pretty awful, as I couldnt put them from my PC to my phone, or the file would be seen as a music track, losing where I was in the podcast when I changed song.
Is there an app in which I can do that? I want to be able to put a podcast from my PC into my phone, and the phone to remember at what time I was in it, even if a listen to music or turn off the phone.
Thanks.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
From PC to phone I'm not sure of but you might wanna look into something like BeyondPod. You can download podcasts right to your phone and they remain separate from your music files. You can continue right from where you left off if you go do something else on your phone.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I use pocket casts for podcasts. It costs like $5, but it is a really killer app. However, I do not listen to podcasts on my PC. In pocketcasts, you can subscribe to all your podcasts, set them to automatically download so you can listen offline, it keeps track of where you are, and you can check for new episodes super quickly. Pocketcasts runs their own servers and keeps your playlists there so your phone just has to ping their server to check for updates to all your podcasts. The net effect of this is you can check for updates to all your podcasts in the time it takes most apps to check for updates to just one podcast. That is why the app is so much, the servers cost money to run. I believe it will also see other podcasts you transfer onto your phone from your computer, but I could be wrong. It also has various playback speeds, so you can get through the podcasts a little quicker. It ranges from 1x (normal speed) to 3x, I think with 0.1 stops. I usually use 1x or 1.5x. You can also set it so that Google Play Music will see the podcasts that Pocketcasts downloads so you can play them from there. With that setup, you get all the benefits of Pocketcasts, plus you have all your music and podcasts in one place.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall