Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By still1
  • 1 Post By jdevenberg
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Wow Microsoft

    Has any one been to the Microsoft store and typed Google in the search they made items making fun of Google they just lost so much respect. Wow.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Nexus all the way..
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Wow Microsoft

    Quote Originally Posted by NexusNick123 View Post
    Has any one been to the Microsoft store and typed Google in the search they made items making fun of Google they just lost so much respect. Wow.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    thats why i bought a mac... lesser of the 2 evil

    thanks to microsoft's anti-google campain
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
    NexusNick123 likes this.
  3. #3  
    shn'g's Avatar

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts

    Default Re: Wow Microsoft

    I think at some point or another tech companies try and crap on other companies. Especially when Google is so far ahead in the browser race. I still like Microsoft products and services. If you look at how Google has basically shut out every app from wp and windows 8 I don't have any problem with this.
  4. #4  
    tgp
    tgp is offline
    tgp's Avatar

    Posts
    436 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,766 Global Posts

    Default Re: Wow Microsoft

    Microsoft is going pretty far here. But does anyone even pay attention to their Scroogled campaign, or care about it? It's getting ridiculous!
    I have a Nexus 4, an iPhone 5, and a Lumia 520, and I like them all. Is something wrong with me? (I really should edit my signature sometime. I have only 1 of these 3 phones anymore, and even that one is mostly unused because it's been superseded by its big brother!)
    Thanked by:
  5. #5  
    Rule9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    811 Posts
    Global Posts
    854 Global Posts

    Default

    I kinda feel pity for MS now. They went from being a monolithic giant juggernaut in the Gates era to being a pitiful bronze medalist in the mobile era. Windows Phone is a much distant 3rd, the tablets are still struggling, and The Xbox one is a clunky creature beside the sleek higher tech and $100 less ps4. Whole company needs a big shakeup. They're becoming the new burger king, minus the creepy guy in the crown, porn moustache, and plastic mask that terrifies little kids

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Wow Microsoft

    The biggest question this raises in my mind is what motivated you to search for google on the microsoft store website?
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Wow Microsoft

    I remember roughtly 10 years ago Microsoft were boycotting Linux calling it evil and unprofessional... well today Linux is still a tiny portion of the PC userbase and still isn't exactly user friendly. So yeah I would expect this from Microsoft.

    Also the stunts they tried to pull with the XBox One, I don't think many will forget about that, however there's still going to be lots of XBox One buyers.
    Motorola Moto X (rooted/unlocked 4.4.2)
    HTC One X (4.1.1)
    Asus Memo Pad 10 ME301T (rooted 4.2.1)
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Wow Microsoft

    Quote Originally Posted by TeknoBug View Post
    I remember roughtly 10 years ago Microsoft were boycotting Linux calling it evil and unprofessional... well today Linux is still a tiny portion of the PC userbase and still isn't exactly user friendly. So yeah I would expect this from Microsoft.

    Also the stunts they tried to pull with the XBox One, I don't think many will forget about that, however there's still going to be lots of XBox One buyers.
    I was actually disappointed in their about face on the Xbox One "issues". I liked some of the features that came along with the issues that were dropped with the issues out of necessity. It prevented me from pre ordering one.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Wow Microsoft

    I saw a update on the Flipbook app and the title of it caught my eye and I wanted to see it is was real.. That's why....
    Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    The biggest question this raises in my mind is what motivated you to search for google on the microsoft store website?
    Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Nexus all the way..
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Wow Microsoft

    Quote Originally Posted by NexusNick123 View Post
    I saw a update on the Flipbook app and the title of it caught my eye and I wanted to see it is was real.. That's why....
    Ah okay. That makes much more sense.
    NexusNick123 likes this.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Wow Microsoft

    Sad thing is, 1 of the reasons I won't buy a Windows Phone 8 is BECAUSE I can't get G+ and other great google services that I want.
    I don't care what microsofts beef is with google, I am a customer that WANTS to use google products. So, I will stick with android and MS can keep their single digit market share of the phone industry.
    2nd reason being no app support. but that's a whole other issue...

    I'd buy a Nokia 1520 today if it had G+, google now, my local bank app, a starbucks app etc etc Love the OS, hate the app selection
    iOS and Android are BOTH great. iPhone 3, 3GS, 4, 4s, 5, 5c, 5S, LG Optimus G Pro, S3, S4, Note 3, Moto X..
    Currently using LG G2, Note 3 and Nokia 520 WP8
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Wow Microsoft

    Quote Originally Posted by mayconvert View Post
    Sad thing is, 1 of the reasons I won't buy a Windows Phone 8 is BECAUSE I can't get G+ and other great google services that I want.
    I don't care what microsofts beef is with google, I am a customer that WANTS to use google products. So, I will stick with android and MS can keep their single digit market share of the phone industry.
    2nd reason being no app support. but that's a whole other issue...

    I'd buy a Nokia 1520 today if it had G+, google now, my local bank app, a starbucks app etc etc Love the OS, hate the app selection
    Its very unfair to blame Microsoft in this situation. Microsoft would love to have Google products on their devices (even if they won't say so publicly). Look how hard they've tried to get YouTube. Google came out a year ago and said they had no plans on developing for Windows Phone or the Modern UI of Windows 8 (which meant no Windows RT support).

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 11-19-2013, 09:29 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-18-2013, 04:19 PM
  3. Just...WOW...massive speed increase using ART cache
    By JeffDenver in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 11-15-2013, 10:57 AM
  4. Microsoft Office substitute?
    By cmcfarland in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-05-2013, 05:03 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2013, 06:12 PM

Posting Permissions

B