Android Tracking App

Darryl Brooks

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Looking for an Android Tracking App

I have done several searches, but keep coming up with 98% of stuff I don't want. I'm not looking to find my stolen phone. I don't want to track my friends, kids, pets or cars. I just want a simple app that runs in the background fulltime and tracks where I've been. Ideally it would have a very small footprint other than having to leave all location services running.
I would like to be able to look at any given day and see where I went that day. It should sync with Google maps, so I can view the tracks on a map.

The perfect app would sync with Evernote.

There are a few that come close, but I don't want to have to start it constantly, or go through any operations to 'send' the tracks someplace.

Anyone using anything like this and have a recommendation?

Thanks

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure what version of Android you're using, but I know on most recent versions (I haven't confirmed what, if any versions it isn't available on) there's a "Location History" option in Google Maps. It does pretty much exactly what you're asking for. I'm not familiar with Evernote but there's a "Export to KML" option that may or may not import into Evernote.

Darryl Brooks

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I was hoping for the simple solution. Checked Google maps this morning and didn't see anything like that. I'll check updates on phone and software to make sure I'm up to date. Google maps has always surprised me by what it doesn't do. Such as an easy, one touch, save my current location button

Darryl Brooks

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I'll check both those out.

I did find and turn on location reporting and location history in GM, but not sure how to use the information. Will look again later today.

thanks all

Darryl Brooks

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Well, that's interesting. Not quite but I'm looking for, but useful - thanks.

Of the apps I've tried, Saga looks to be the closest so far, but I've got them all running. A couple more and I will probably alert the NSA