Nexus 5 or Note 2?

Nexus 5 or Note 2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tpence2177

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
To me it depends if you want a removable battery or a true android experience out of the box and updates first too. I could get a note 2 on Verizon and t mobile isnt that great in my area so I would probably go with a note 2 out of those options. I would honestly go s4 or note 3 though lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It really depends on what you want out of the device. There's the obvious size differences and any features of the Note 3 not on the Nexus. See what works best for you and go with that one.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Nexus 5, better specs, a little smaller size, higher res screen. Now if it was note 3 vs nexus 5 that would be a different story.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Which would you purchase?
It will depend entirely on what you use it for. My sister has a Note 2 and would definitely not prefer my Nexus 5 because of the smaller screen and no pen. They are not directly comparable IMO.

For me, the Note 2 would be too large and the Nexus has Vanilla Android, a faster CPU and a better camera.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
It will depend entirely on what you use it for. My sister has a Note 2 and would definitely not prefer my Nexus 5 because of the smaller screen and no pen. They are not directly comparable IMO.

For me, the Note 2 would be too large and the Nexus has Vanilla Android, a faster CPU and a better camera.

How about the note 3?

Posted via Android Central App

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
A warning about the Note 2. This isn't common but isn't uncommon, I've read a lot about it on XDA and it happened to my personal Note 2. All the sudden it stops connecting to 2.4 GHZ wireless but will still connect to 5 GHZ wireless. This is a hardware issue with the antenna. I am in the process of getting mine repaired from Samsung, it wasn't just my personal network, it was all 2.4 GHZ wireless. It wouldn't be something to stop me from getting one but more of an FYI.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
How about the note 3?
I told her to wait for the Note 3, but she wanted a phone immediately. In any event, she would never have been happier with the Nexus 5.

But the Note 3 is the same problem for me...crappy UI overlay, and too big. It does have a great CPU, camera, and display though.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I told her to wait for the Note 3, but she wanted a phone immediately. In any event, she would never have been happier with the Nexus 5.

But the Note 3 is the same problem for me...crappy UI overlay, and too big. It does have a great CPU, camera, and display though.

You can always go to Google Play and download nova launcher pro.

Posted via Android Central App

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
You can always go to Google Play and download nova launcher pro.
Yeah I used to think that with my HTC Rezound too. Thing is, the launcher does not replace everything...you are still stuck with their dialer, contacts app, system screens, and lock screen. Also, the launcher does not replace their skin, it just rides on top of it. You cannot disable these things without rooting most of the time. While I had Go Launcher on my Rezound, HTC's Sense was still busy in the background gobbling up my system resources like a fat German child in a chocolate shoppe.

So I learned the hard way...start with vanilla and add from there. I doubt I will ever buy another skinned phone.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I used to think that with my HTC Rezound too. Thing is, the launcher does not replace everything...you are still stuck with their dialer, contacts app, system screens, and lock screen. Also, the launcher does not replace their skin, it just rides on top of it. You cannot disable these things without rooting most of the time. While I had Go Launcher on my Rezound, HTC's Sense was still busy in the background gobbling up my system resources like a fat German child in a chocolate shoppe.

So I learned the hard way...start with vanilla and add from there. I doubt I will ever buy another skinned phone.

This times a million!
I get so tired of people telling people to just download a launcher. All that does is change the visuals, it does nothing to keep the overlay from hogging resources.

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I have a Note 2 and I bloody love it. Its lightyears faster than my HTC Thunderbolt-which was my first smartphone, and of course, the battery is beautiful. Of course, now I'm S-pen spoiled, so dammit, why couldnt the Galaxy Tab series come with a stylus.

DEADF15H

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
The changeable battery did it for me, I just chuckle when all my iPhone friends at at work start scrambling for a power source at 3PM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance