Which is best Android or iOS?

vikramkyle

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I am new on this forum and I have a question that which operating do you like most- Android or iOS. Give your comment on this topic.

tpence2177

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I like android best. It is finally getting as smooth as iOS, but nowhere near as limited as iOS. That being said I do think that apple makes good phones and a good operating system. Its just not for me. I have had an iPhone 4 twice now and I have kept it longer than my android phones because I hadn't had a flagship android phone before. After iOS 7 it slowed my iPhone down so bad it pretty much wasn't usuable. My wife's iPhone 5 is great. Its just not for me anymore.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I am new on this forum and I have a question that which operating do you like most- Android or iOS. Give your comment on this topic.
I would only recommend iOS if the following is true:

1) You have deep pockets (nothing about Apple is cheap, and it is something you just have to accept if you want to use the platform)

2) You don't care about the stuff iOS can't do (Generally, Android can do everything iOS can do and more, but the reverse is not true).

I say this without sarcasm. There are lots of people out there who meet these conditions. If you are one of them, the iPhone is definitely better. Their platform is very stable, their ecosystem is extensive, and their products are well built. Otherwise, go with Android.

kobe008

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
If you want to be told what to do choose IOS.

If you want to do things your way then choose Android.

IOS is the platform of No, Android is the platform of Yes.

stepaul8

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I've had both so here is my opinion. If you like simple and sleek go with iOS. You always know what you're going to get with iOS. Apple is an amazing brand no doubt. Apps are better and people go to iOS first to develop apps.

Go with android if you like customization. Widgets can be so amazing if you use them. Google now is also very good. Much better than siri however you have to get over the creepiness of Google looking at what you search. I don't mind it but others do.

Short comparison. You can YouTube videos and find hour long explanations and you'll most likely get biased answers. This is android central so I think there is a bias.

Posted via Android Central App

b_slow1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Firstly, you're posting on an Android message board. That's going to skew the numbers a little bit. Secondly, asking which OS is "better" is one of those impossible questions to answer. It all comes down to what you plan on doing with the device in question, and what you want your experience to be.

Android devices have a wide range, because there are so many manufacturers. But if you look at the top-end devices, you will find a greater amount of flexibility and productivity potential than if you were to go with an IOS device. You will also be able to enter the marketplace at a cheaper price-point than if you were committed to buying ONLY an IOS product.

But IOS products have their perks too. The interface is clean. The operation is ridiculously smooth (Android people can be in denial all they like, but Android lags and jitters a lot, if you aren't using a stock Android device.) And if you're looking at a tablet, there are far more apps optimized for tablet-use on IOS than Android. Of course, going with IOS, you would have to give up the ability to customize your device.

In my personal view, a tablet cannot compete with a laptop or PC when it comes to productivity. Tablets that claim they can be "productivity devices" are kidding themselves; it just isn't easy to get most things done on a tablet. They are good for watching videos, and surfing the web, and other non-intensive entertainment things. And if that's all you're going to do with it, the IOS experience is a better one. But that's only if money is no object.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Both are great.
I love my ipad 2, but hate the iphone.
Love android on my phone, disappointed with it on tablets.
They almost do the same, but I like android for widgets, etc.

One thing with IOS is that you will always have accessories at launch. Pricey or not, they are available.
You are not always hunting for something that will work.

However, Android has NFC, or the hardware does, while Apple does not support it.
I am not huge on widgets but the few I use, I love.

IH8Buttons

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I used to role with an iPhone but ios has failed to keep up with the cohesive integration of apps and services Android offers. I love how everything I do on my PC in Chrome is already synced to every relevant app on my phone. Furthermore, widgets are a lot of fun.

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
For me it's all about preferences.
Love the ios platform. Been using it since the 3G came out.

The Android platform, I'm still new to but would prefer the stability that the ios offers. However, it's very customizable and fun to use.

Ios is limited, but great for people who don't want to fuss too much with their phone. Take it out of the box, add a few apps and you're good to go. :D

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I will take the frustration that comes from Android compatibility issues in exchange for improved customization without having to jailbreak or root.

I like iOS well enough and it has some great software but I place a lot of value on being able to control the look and feel of my device. iOS is to restrictive in that regard and since it can't really run anything Android can't besides a few games, I'll take Android as my day to day device

I LOVE my iPod Touch as a point and shoot "smart camera" though.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk 4

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Really depends on your needs. For me its Android because the UI is forever changeable! I love many many options! Where some people like a more closed system. Play with them both to see what you like. That's my advice! Cant go wrong with either one really. But at heart I'm an Android fan for my own personal reasons.

TheStoryUp

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm a Blackberry user so I prefer BB10, I think it's more innovative and has more potential. But if your stuck between iOS and Android I would %100 choose Android. iOS is just boring to me, and is built for kids IMO. But it also depends on what Android phone you get and what version.

Posted via Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Having had numerous devices on both platforms I can say I prefer Android, at this time. I've got quite used to being able to set the devices up the way I see fit.

gp8.3

pgg101

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Having used iPhone (wife's), Android tablet, and BlackBerry 10, I think I have some experience. If your choice is between iOS or Android, I'd go Android. Little things and NFC, SD Cards, and customization are big pluses. With that said, Appstore does have much better quality control in the app department than Android. I think Amazon App store is the best over quality, and 1Mobile Market being a real cesspool. Over 60 BBM apps. Enough said!

Posted via Android Central App on BlackBerry Z30

knowtifier

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I've used both Android and iOS and I have to side with iOS. Many people choose Android since it is very open and customizable but I like how iOS is closed and it just works without you needing to mess with the settings all the time. Its just my opinion.

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I recently switched from the iPhone 5 to the Note 3. I love iOS, but it could be so much more and Apple has failed to maximize its use. That's the main reason I switched, because I was getting bored with my phone, and the very limited options you have versus Android. My iPhone was much more polished than Android, but I knew that when I made the change. iOS does everything very well and consistently, whereas with Android, there may be a few bugs here and there. As many have already stated, if you like to customize go with Android. If you want a system that runs flawlessly and is extremely reliable go with iOS. However, over the years, Android has become a more stable platform and is getting better with time. It's catching up to Apple quickly if not already surpassed it.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I use both daily. I use android as my tablet (nexus 7) and I use an iPhone 5S as my phone. Both have their pros and cons, but being on verizon we aren't lucky enough to have a nexus phone so that is where the nexus 7 comes in to give me my android fix. The 5S gives me the best apple has to offer while also having all of the best google apps that I use daily also on it. So in some cases the 5S is the best google phone, and it doesn't even run android OS.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon