Samsung and HTC devices delisted by FutureMark for cheating on benchmarks

Lstream

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
The only surprise for me here is HTC. Samsung is a company that has repeatedly shown itself to have low or non-existent ethical standards, so cheating is par for the course for them. I had thought HTC was more trustworthy.

Futuremark Delists Android Devices Allegedly Cheating 3DMark, Samsung and HTC Ousted - HotHardware

Benchmarking is serious business, and we're not saying that tongue-in-cheek. Buying decisions are often made based on how well a product benchmarks, which is why we spend so much time putting hot (and sometimes not-so-hot) hardware through their paces. However, benchmarks are only meaningful when there's a level playing field, and when companies try to 'game' the business of benchmarking, it's not only a form of cheating, it also bamboozles potential buyers who (rightfully) assume the numbers are supposed mean something.

We bring this up because Futuremark just delisted a bunch of devices from its 3DMark benchmark because it suspects foul play is at hand. Here's a look at the devices in question:

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
In before the fanboys cry foul. Even though I have multiple Samsung devices, that company is really shady and have no ethical values.