1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Question regarding My Note 3

Hello, I need someone's help please. I bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, my carrier is T-Mobile. It is the SM-N900T. I put in a 64 GB Sandisk Micro SD card. I have a problem, I love the phone, but everytime I want to turn off the phone and re-start, the phone re-starts, but it keeps re-booting and re-booting. I found a rather annoying solution to it. In order for the phone to stop keeping re-booting, I have to take out the 64 GB Sandsik Micro SD card. Then I turn the phone on, and no problem it re-boots normally. Then I re-insert the 64 GB Micro SD card into the phone and everything is okay. I formatted the Micro SD card using my phone, but the problem persists everytime I turn off the phone. I have to repear the process over and over. Does anyone know a way to stop this? I would appreciate any info you can provide. Thank you all very kindly in advance.

Default Re: Question regarding My Note 3

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Martinez3 View Post
    Hello, I need someone's help please. I bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, my carrier is T-Mobile. It is the SM-N900T. I put in a 64 GB Sandisk Micro SD card. I have a problem, I love the phone, but everytime I want to turn off the phone and re-start, the phone re-starts, but it keeps re-booting and re-booting. I found a rather annoying solution to it. In order for the phone to stop keeping re-booting, I have to take out the 64 GB Sandsik Micro SD card. Then I turn the phone on, and no problem it re-boots normally. Then I re-insert the 64 GB Micro SD card into the phone and everything is okay. I formatted the Micro SD card using my phone, but the problem persists everytime I turn off the phone. I have to repear the process over and over. Does anyone know a way to stop this? I would appreciate any info you can provide. Thank you all very kindly in advance.
    That's a weird one, I have the 64GB sandisk card and this has not happened to me.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

How did you format your 64 Card? Did you the Note 3 to format it or a PC software?

How did you format your 64 Card? Did you the Note 3 to format it or a PC software?
    I put mine into the note 3 and formatted it there.

Now I need to know what happens...I just bought two 64gb SanDisk ultras from best buy ($34 each) and hope there is a solution. I currently have a Samsung 64gb card and have restarted numerous time without fail...

I just experienced this. Must be this post. It's bad luck. I have a Samsung 64gb card and decided to power down. When I powered up I was stuck on the tmobile startup screen. Had to pull the card.

It started up right away and I reinserted the card. I could feel the heat coming from the back of the phone, even through my otterbox.

I guess there is a problem with scanning the card or maybe it takes a long time to scan. I waited 2 minutes, maybe I should have waited 5 minutes?

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thank you all for all your help. I just found out last week that Samsung has put out a 64 GB Mirco SD Card Slot. I didn't have to format it or nothing. I got from Best Buy, a bit steep at $99, but it's cool though. I should have gotten it through Amazon. Have a Happy New Year Guys..

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts

Reformat the card for sure. I had similar problems from all of my blackberries and every Android device I've ever owned with a card slot, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by willanaya View Post
    I just experienced this. Must be this post. It's bad luck. I have a Samsung 64gb card and decided to power down. When I powered up I was stuck on the tmobile startup screen. Had to pull the card.

It started up right away and I reinserted the card. I could feel the heat coming from the back of the phone, even through my otterbox.

I guess there is a problem with scanning the card or maybe it takes a long time to scan. I waited 2 minutes, maybe I should have waited 5 minutes?

The 64 gig cards come formatted in exFAT, while phones usually want them formatted in FAT32. Let the phone format the card.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

Thank you all for all your help. I just found out last week that Samsung has put out a 64 GB Mirco SD Card Slot. I didn't have to format it or nothing. I got from Best Buy, a bit steep at $99, but it's cool though. I should have gotten it through Amazon. Have a Happy New Year Guys..
    Why didn't you go to best buy during black Friday and get it for $35?

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I didn't know it was on sale. I'll note this for future reference...Thanks....

I got a Sandisk 64gb Ultra Class 10 in my Note 3, I put it when I purchased my Note 3 on Oct 11. Loaded it up with my movies, pics and music. It hasn't skipped a beat. As soon I put the card in my Note 3, I told the phone to format it.. No problems. That $99 Sandisk 64 gb, should be the EXTREME.. The Ultra sells for about 30 to 40% cheaper than the Sandisk Extreme. BTW. never experienced a reboot problem or any problem related to the sd card.