Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I added a sample of a book to my Play Books library, but I accidentally deleted it. I added it again, but it didn't appear in my library. I purchased the book, and although I can access it from the Play Store, it won't show up at all in the Play Books app.

I cleared app data, refreshed, disabled and re-enabled Play Books. And I even restarted my N7. But no matter what the book won't appear in my library just because I deleted the sample. WTF???

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just to be sure--you've checked the "My Library" section, not just the "Read Now" section, right? You said it's not in "my library," but I want to make sure you mean it isn't in "My Library" (i.e., the actual section of Google Play Books).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm a bit stumped. You could consider removing your whole Google account, then adding it back, but make sure everything if synced first.

Posted via Android Central App

roguetrader

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
'My Library' is subdivided into - All Books, uploads, purchases & samples. Make sure it's on 'All Books', which should show your library. Go to settings & make sure the box 'download over Wi-Fi only' is checked, maybe that's the problem?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Timothy Bullard

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
'My Library' is subdivided into - All Books, uploads, purchases & samples. Make sure it's on 'All Books', which should show your library. Go to settings & make sure the box 'download over Wi-Fi only' is checked, maybe that's the problem?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

No im having similar problem and my 'download over Wi-Fi only' box is checked and i toggled through all the options including 'All Books' but my purchased book wont show up in library either. It should show up on 'Read Now' too shouldn't it? I can only open the book when in the store and i have to search for it first.
-NOTE: I did not download the sample first and delete it. A friend recommended it and I bought it straight away; END NOTE-
This is very frustrating and inconvenient.

Kevin Antonio Smith

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I purchase a book from them way way back and accidentally deleted it after i finished it. I've not be able to re download it since. The only work around I found was to download the epub version of the purchased book then re-upload it to the google play books (providing it has no DRM ;-) ).

Not sure if its intentional but if you delete a book from your library, Google removes the option to re-add it to your library. I've spoken to support but I don't thing they actually understand what the problem is or pretend not to. You can search for the book and read it directly from the play store but there will be no option to to downloads it to the app.

Brad Jennings

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
I discovered that one of my books had been removed by one of my noob mistakes. It appeared in the "Purchased"' list of books at books.google.com, but wasn't in the "My Books On Google Play" (which is probably also "My Library"). So, whenever I went to play.google.com/books I couldn't see one of my books.

To fix this I opened books.google.com and clicked on the "Purchased" link, then located the book in question. I hovered the mouse button over the three dots to the right of the book's entry. I clicked the three dots and a context menu appeared. I chose the option "Show or Hide From my Library". A dialog appeared with a button that read "Show in my Library" (as opposed to "Hide from my Library") and clicked it.

Afterward, the book appeared in my Library again on play.google.com and on my Android device. Woo Hoo! YMMV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22