1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Trying to decide between Sprint Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 and Asus Memopad Smart 10.1....

Galaxy Tab 3-via 50 dollar Sprint deal.
    Pros:
    50 dollars up front, thats nice.
    has better stats than the near 200 dollar wifi one
    can take a microsd-I have a extra 32 gig one
    There's a otterbox case for it, so thats a good thing.

Cons:
    Will have to pay at the very least 5+taxes/surcharges every month for the next 2 years, if I take the MINIMUM data plan and only use wifi, or 15+taxes/surcharges if I take their 2 gig/15 dollar a month plan.
    7 inch screen

Asus Memopad Smart 10.1-via Gamestop
    Pros: 150 bucks brand new, reduceable if I trade in some stuff
    10.1 inch display
    has gotten fairly good reviews
    Only paying the one time fee, and no monthly costs

Cons:
    Will be 150 or so up front minus any trade in credit, almost 3 times the GT3 cost.
    Stats are a bit lower than the GT3, in terms of Ram/CPU, storage is the same, and both can take a microsd card-which is good.
    No real specific-accessories for it I think, more usage of generic case and screen protector, and from what I can find, no real strong/protective case?

So, feel free to give me more input on my choice on of these as my personal holiday gift?

Global Posts
    13,887 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Trying to decide between Sprint Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 and Asus Memopad Smart 10.1....

Quote Originally Posted by JnEricsonx View Post
    Pros:

Cons:
    Will have to pay at the very least 5+taxes/surcharges every month for the next 2 years, if I take the MINIMUM data plan and only use wifi, or 15+taxes/surcharges if I take their 2 gig/15 dollar a month plan.
    7 inch screen

10.1 inch display

Cons:
    Will be 150 or so up front minus any trade in credit, almost 3 times the GT3 cost.
    Stats are a bit lower than the GT3, in terms of Ram/CPU, storage is the same, and both can take a microsd card-which is good.
    No real specific-accessories for it I think, more usage of generic case and screen protector, and from what I can find, no real strong/protective case?

So, feel free to give me more input on my choice on of these as my personal holiday gift?
    If you have home WiFi, I would get the Samsung. Connect to your router as much as possible to save on the data. Also, I personally don't like the size of 10" tabs. It's not necessarily the size, but the weight. After holding even store tabs for several minutes, it seems heavy. I would not like to know what it's like to hold after nearly an hour.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Trying to decide between Sprint Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 and Asus Memopad Smart 10.1....

Anyone else want to weigh in? I'm giving myself about 10 more days to decide.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Any more comments?
    Banned

Go on Swappa and you should be able to find a Nexus 7 for that price point.

Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile

Pros:

Cons:
    7 inch screen

10.1 inch display

Cons:

Go to best buy and get the exclusive black tab 3, it's 150 and no sprint bloat ware.

Posted via Android Central App
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

And are the stats on it as good as the Sprint's version?

And are the stats on it as good as the Sprint's version?
    Go to the best buy website.

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I did, and the stats are less. 1.2 processor vs 1.7, 1 gig ram vs 1.5, 8 gig storage vs 16, etc.

I don't like the Tab 3 all that much. The screen on it is just pretty poor in person. You sound like you're more interested in raw power though so it may not matter.

You've already factored in a data plan at $5 a month, minimum, plus your taxes and fees. That could be around $9 a month...all for something it doesn't sound like you'd use very much. I've always hated that idea but I've also always hated reoccurring monthly costs.

I've never seen a Memopad so I can't help there, but those are my thoughts on the Tab 3.
    Twitter: @GoodOLMC

I did, and the stats are less. 1.2 processor vs 1.7, 1 gig ram vs 1.5, 8 gig storage vs 16, etc.
    I bet that the extra .5 gb is for sprint bloatware.

Banned

The thinner one is better. Don't get me wrong, specs matter, but until its in your hand, you don't know what its like. The HP slate is great for its price, but its literally double the thickness of my Galaxy Tab 2 7. Its a freaking brick imo

Sent from my HTC Xperia S4
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by alexlam24 View Post
    The thinner one is better. Don't get me wrong, specs matter, but until its in your hand, you don't know what its like. The HP slate is great for its price, but its literally double the thickness of my Galaxy Tab 2 7. Its a freaking brick imo

So which one are you suggesting? The Tab 3 or the Asus Memo Smart?
    Banned

So which one are you suggesting? The Tab 3 or the Asus Memo Smart?
    Which feels better in the hand?