I'm looking for a phone with good battery life and a great camera....

cjohn4043

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Any suggestions? I really don't care for the S4 that much, and the G2's software just doesn't do it for me...kinda two big contenders already out.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, I was going to suggest the S4 haha but since you already ruled it out, I'd have to say go for the Note 3. It has AMAZING battery life and a really nice camera.

The Motorola Razr something (not the newest ones, those actually have average battery life)...oh, the Maxx! Has great battery life but sluggish performance and a so-so camera. I hear the HTC One has a decent camera as well, but battery life is not great.

cjohn4043

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking about the Moto X, and the Note 3 is a wild interest of mine since I normally stay away from the "phablet" market. I'm coming from a Gnex and the two biggest things that have bugged me is the battery and camera. I'm just afraid that the Moto X camera will just be subpar and just seem to get worse over time with all the newer camera technologies that will advance...if that makes sense? Like, I thought the Gnex camera was good at first, but now it just seems dull.

TheStoryUp

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
HTC One!...... Oh wait... Good battery.... Never mind.... Z30! I have both and they are each very fast, but z30 is more fluid. Htc speakers are blown. I only mentioned z30 because it has an Android runtime and it will run 90% of the applications, just not google services.... Yet. Anyway those are the only phones I have so I can't suggest any others, but between the two the z30 has a much better battery and better experience,, not by much though. It all depends what your looking for in a smart phone. If picture quality is very important I would use a digital camera, because most top of the line smart phones take a decent picture, but doesn't compare to a good digital camera.

Posted via Android Central App

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Note 3. If you want a great camera, do not get the Moto X. I have a Moto X and I love it, but the camera is passable to above average depending on lighting. It is very rarely great.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I agree, Moto X pictures are NOT top notch. Passable for a phone camera, maaaaybe... but not top of the line. And that's a good thing, too... it's what makes the Moto X so affordable.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I'm biased. You need a note3 haha. Battery life is amazing and the camera is also awesome.

Sent from my gameboy color

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I agree, Moto X pictures are NOT top notch. Passable for a phone camera, maaaaybe... but not top of the line. And that's a good thing, too... it's what makes the Moto X so affordable.
At release it was just as expensive as other flagships and up until last week it was $500+ off-contract, it will go back to that after next Monday

- - - Updated - - -

Get the Droid Maxx. It's far better than Moto X and has a much bigger battery.
Better how? Aside from the battery the X is far better imo

Euan Tan

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Lg g2.... The battery is really good 3000mAh can go a long way and the camera is great...at times.. Its pretty slow and suffers during low light but in great conditions its incredible

Didn't see the G2 rant but the G2s software can be easily change with nova/apex launcher and google keyboard. Coming from a guy who hates the touch wiz ui, LG UI was about the same to my eyes but now with apex launcher and tablet UI enabled it feels like a nexus devices + more such as wireless storage, ir blaster 5.2 inch screen qslide 13mp OIS ..truly a great phone

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Moto X for great phone and great battery life. It's by far one of the best phones I've ever had, and I've had a lot of phones through the years. The camera, however, is good - definitely not great - but good.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Lg g2.... The battery is really good 3000mAh can go a long way and the camera is great...at times.. Its pretty slow and suffers during low light but in great conditions its incredible

Didn't see the G2 rant but the G2s software can be easily change with nova/apex launcher and google keyboard. Coming from a guy who hates the touch wiz ui, LG UI was about the same to my eyes but now with apex launcher and tablet UI enabled it feels like a nexus devices + more such as wireless storage, ir blaster 5.2 inch screen qslide 13mp OIS ..truly a great phone

He said in his first post that was already out :p

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Sony Xperia Z1

20.7 MP camera, 3000 mAh battery, SD slot, high-resolution display, dust/water resistant

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox