Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default suggestions anyone?

    Hello all! I am in the process of trying to get my s3 running better and I have pretty much went through the entire thing disabling and uninstalling apps I didn't need or never used and I want to,.... I guess you can say "customize" my phone. Where is the best place to download apps and what are some good apps for my phone ? ....

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  

    Default Re: suggestions anyone?

    Samsung's TouchWiz interface can sometimes be a source of lag, due to its size and complexity. Try installing a 3rd party homescreen launcher like Nova Launcher. It will give you a more stock Android interface, with the ability to modify the appearance. The performance is quite smooth, and it doesn't take up much memory.

    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: suggestions anyone?

    Well hello again! I actually already downloaded Nova and its awesome but it likes to freeze up and then it will completely stop working and it will go back to my original home page. I also noticed that when I am in the settings menu and I'm messing with the settings themselves and I try to go back to the main settings menu it won't load at all, I have to completely back out and go back in again to change other settings. It does that every time... I really like it tho so I have been still using it lol....

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: suggestions anyone?

    I kinda think its my phone still being dumb tho.... Its freezing up on me still when I'm doing other things.

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #5  

    Default Re: suggestions anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitney Victorine View Post
    I kinda think its my phone still being dumb tho.... Its freezing up on me still when I'm doing other things.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Yes, it sure sounds like something is screwy. You could try and see if it causes the same problems as Nova. As far as I can tell, they're pretty similar in appearance and functionality.
  6. #6  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,592 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: suggestions anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitney Victorine View Post
    I kinda think its my phone still being dumb tho.... Its freezing up on me still when I'm doing other things.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Let me think about this for a while.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: suggestions anyone?

    Okay... I just went through and changed pretty much all the default settings on my apps and then I erased a few more things I didn't need and I reinstalled Nova Launcher and so far so good.... I dunno if what I did was right but it seems okay.

    wp.momma Galaxy S3
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: suggestions anyone?

    What are some other good apps? I take lots of pictures and love my music. I like to tinker with my pictures, I am a writer and I draw a lot.... Anything good in those subjects?

    wp.momma Galaxy S3
  9. #9  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,592 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: suggestions anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitney Victorine View Post
    Okay... I just went through and changed pretty much all the default settings on my apps and then I erased a few more things I didn't need and I reinstalled Nova Launcher and so far so good.... I dunno if what I did was right but it seems okay.

    wp.momma Galaxy S3
    Probably just the uninstall and reinstall that fixed it. But if it is working, there is nothing to worry about..lol

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  10. #10  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,592 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: suggestions anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitney Victorine View Post
    What are some other good apps? I take lots of pictures and love my music. I like to tinker with my pictures, I am a writer and I draw a lot.... Anything good in those subjects?

    wp.momma Galaxy S3
    Not sure about actual drawing apps but there is a game called draw something. You are given a word and have to draw it, say for instance Baseball.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  11. #11  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,592 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: suggestions anyone?

    Here are a few ideas though: The best free Android games http://www.androidcentral.com/best-free-android-games

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: suggestions anyone?

    Awesome! Thanks!

    wp.momma Galaxy S3
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: suggestions anyone?

    hey! Do either of you guys know an easy for way to do file sharing between my phone and laptop wirelessly and play music and videos from my phone on the TV ?

    wp.momma Galaxy S3
  14. #14  

    Default Re: suggestions anyone?

    Try or to wirelessly transfer files. To play your music and videos on your TV, the best thing to do is spend $35 on a for your TV--it's a steal! Chromecasts are also available at BestBuy and Walmart.
  15. #15  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,592 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: suggestions anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitney Victorine View Post
    hey! Do either of you guys know an easy for way to do file sharing between my phone and laptop wirelessly and play music and videos from my phone on the TV ?

    wp.momma Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Try or to wirelessly transfer files. To play your music and videos on your TV, the best thing to do is spend $35 on a for your TV--it's a steal! Chromecasts are also available at BestBuy and Walmart.
    Couldn't have made a better suggestion than B. Diddy's.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
    B. Diddy likes this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: suggestions anyone?

    Awesome! Thank you!
    Do you know where I can get a good "how to" guide to do a restore on a Samsung admrire3g? Just like what you had me do with mine, .... My husbands phone is acting up real bad... Really really bad !

    wp.momma Galaxy S3
  17. #17  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,592 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: suggestions anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitney Victorine View Post
    Awesome! Thank you!
    Do you know where I can get a good "how to" guide to do a restore on a Samsung admrire3g? Just like what you had me do with mine, .... My husbands phone is acting up real bad... Really really bad !

    wp.momma Galaxy S3
    If you don't care about app data, try this: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
    [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
    And do a factory reset.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  18. #18  

    Default Re: suggestions anyone?

    If that doesn't work, look at this video. I know it's en espanol, but the steps are written in English in the comments.

    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

    Default Re: suggestions anyone?

    Will the phone be ok doing a factoryvrestore not designed for the admire?

    wp.momma Galaxy S3
  20. #20  

    Default Re: suggestions anyone?

    A procedure for a different phone might just do nothing. Follow the steps in that video, which is specifically for the Admire.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: suggestions anyone?

    There are plenty of good apps out there. First you want an SMS app like Google talk or skype.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: suggestions anyone?

    The easiest way is to wait for an Android 4.4 KitKat update for your device. After that, backup everything, then enable "ART" for your device.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: suggestions anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitney Victorine View Post
    hey! Do either of you guys know an easy for way to do file sharing between my phone and laptop wirelessly and play music and videos from my phone on the TV ?

    wp.momma Galaxy S3
    For file sharing..If you use chrome browser on ur laptop then install pushbullet its really fast you can send links images files in an instant..
    You can send to other users who have pushbullet and chrome to chrome
    Thanked by:
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

    Default Re: suggestions anyone?

    Hey there... So we did a restore just like the video for the admire and it worked OK for a little while and the the phone started acting like it was before... Its not wanting to charge, it runs super slow and it locks up and dies...... I know I need to just go buy him a new phone but we really can't afford that right now so I'm trying to at least get this one working right again until we can get a new one. Is there anything else I can try?

    WpMomma Samsung Galaxy S3
  25. #25  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,592 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: suggestions anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitney Victorine View Post
    Hey there... So we did a restore just like the video for the admire and it worked OK for a little while and the the phone started acting like it was before... Its not wanting to charge, it runs super slow and it locks up and dies...... I know I need to just go buy him a new phone but we really can't afford that right now so I'm trying to at least get this one working right again until we can get a new one. Is there anything else I can try?

    WpMomma Samsung Galaxy S3
    A restore as in a reset?

    From a Sprint Moto X on AC forums app.

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-24-2014, 08:29 AM
  2. update 4.3 did anyone get their update for the note 2 yet
    By zaydabarber in forum T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-12-2013, 04:21 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-05-2013, 10:29 PM
  4. anyone is having issues with wifi and att red after update?
    By Diegoac3 in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-05-2013, 11:33 AM
  5. Did anyone try Run In Crowd on their G2?
    By heading4tomorrow in forum LG G2
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-04-2013, 10:40 PM

Posting Permissions

B