xperia z1 vs nexus 5

endrien

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I currently have a galaxy s2 so im going for a big upgrade. I can get both the z1 or nexus 5 for 0 $ on a 2 yr term. Given the usual cost of both the z1 seems like more for the money (or rather the trouble of getting a contract). The z1 having micro sd, excellent camera and being weather proof is a big bonus. The size of it is a bit large but I can probably get over that. The n5 feels cheaper has no expandable memory and has a crapper camera. The biggest benefit is that it will work with the charging station I plan I getting for the n7 and it has much more updates since google is backing it.
What would you guys recommend.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Both good phones. If the Nexus' updates and lower price aren't big winners for you than the Z1's attributes are plenty attractive.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
It sounds like expandable storage, etc are bigger plusses than the wireless charging, and the Z is a more expensive device but you're getting it on contract. It sounds like you'd rather have the Z.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

kabelace

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I was going through the same thing waiting for the N5 to come out so I could physically check it out. Z1 feels like a premium product compaired to the N5 and looking at the specs, expandable storage, ability to use it in the weather and the camera sold it for me.
My contract is up in 2 weeks and I am still on the fence, Z1 is in first but liking the BB Z30 for its battery and ease to side load apps now.

endrien

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
after holding the z1 I really didn't like the feel of it very much it seemed to square and blocky and lack of case options was a killer. I was able to get the LG G2 for essentially $0 so I got that instead :).
Bell gave me 50$ in store credit and 50$ off my bill to make up for the 100$ phone. Very pleased!

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Note 3.

Posted via Android Central App

wow, this is the fourth post (that I've noticed without even looking for them) that you interjected your obvious fanfare for the Note 3 in Z1 or other phone topics that never asked anything about the Note 3. Gunning for Ambassador or something?

@endrien: Anyway, to the actual topic, I came from a Nexus 4 to the Z1 rather than the N5 for a few reasons. The camera is amazing yes but not really a factor in my smartphone purchases. I decided to stray back into OEM phones this time around because I actually love what Sony is doing with their fork of Android better than stock these days, the headphone sound quality is incredible, the physical phone itself is incredibly premium, and the North American N5 lacks band 7 LTE which is the band that "LTE MAX" is on where I live.

Last edited:

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
after holding the z1 I really didn't like the feel of it very much it seemed to square and blocky and lack of case options was a killer. I was able to get the LG G2 for essentially $0 so I got that instead :).
Bell gave me 50$ in store credit and 50$ off my bill to make up for the 100$ phone. Very pleased!

sorry I missed this post before I posted my reply above, but since I'm also on Bell like you I can tell you that two of the better cases around are available for the Z1 where we live now: Casemate and Incipio. Just in case you change your mind again instead of the G2 ;)