1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Are you and extended battery person or an external battery person?

So every phone I've owned I have always purchased a extended battery for, usually by seidio. I had recently went from a Blackberry to a iPhone and now to a note 3. When I was using the iPhone you can only get cases that had batteries in them like what mother offers.

I decided to buy an anker 15,000mah external battery and have now been swayed from having a proprietary battery to something you can use for everything.

So my question is do you like the security of having the extended battery attached to your device or do you like to keep your phone slim and carry around a spare charger?

Sent from my gameboy color

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Default Re: Are you and extended battery person or an external battery person?

I like the extended battery. I have a generic 7500 and is really not too big for me. I like the weight, it makes it easier to grip. I have battery phobia and like the security of an extended onboard battery.

However, i do have a 10,000 external charger in the car for extended times away from power but I've never had to use it. I also have a car charger of course. I wouldn't buy a phone without a removable battery. That's just me.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

I'm looking at buying a lugulake charger, but it would be more of a cool factor than a need.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I had the power mat system on previous phones and it's is cool and all but when I go to bed and play on my phone, if the battery is dead than I can't charge and browse. It's great if you have a desk job to keep charged all day but anything else it's just a novelty IMO. I would still use a charger cable in the bedroom but have a mat in the living room on a coffee table somewhere so it can charge while just hanging out

Sent from my gameboy color

For a phone, I'm a spare battery (with external battery charger) kind of person. I don't like to add any bulk to the phone or connect any type of charging cable or charging pack to it. I prefer to keep it unencumbered at all times and just swap out for a fresh battery as needed to get back to a full charge within minutes.

I've been doing so with two stock 3100mAh batteries and the Samsung spare battery charger for the Note 2 (also a car charger that can be used with the battery charger):

Extended for sure. I also like the cases with the integrated batteries. Too bad there isn't any for my phone

Sent from my LG-LS970 using AC Forums mobile app
    _X_

Global Posts
    621 Global Posts

I'm the third option, I have an extended battery and a spare battery.
    Usually I don't need any spare batteries but when I do need one having a spare really keeps the stress of running out of juice down. However there are times when I know I will not have time to charge my phone in for days and that's when I use my extended pack.

Posted via Android Central App