Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Thumbs up From iPhone to Android: 4 Hours Are Enough!

Today I sold my iPhone 5. Now I am waiting for Nexus 5 to be available again on the italian store.
    I am currently using a tiny, 3,5" Vodafone Android Smart Mini (if curious, Google it), a $50 smartphone. It runs Android Jelly Bean 4.1.
    This is the first Android smartphone I am using. Since 2008 I've been used iPhone only.

Let me tell you something: Android is better than iOS.
    Last week I followed Erich Schmidt's instructions on "How To Move From iPhone to Android", and I stored in my gmail account all the contacts saved on iPhone.
    Today I literally played with the new Android and completed the configuration in 10 minutes. Set up everything, downloaded the main apps from Googleplay and now I can read through K9 emails from office.
    Also downloaded Light Flow light, but it can't allow me to set up the led colors (wonder if the smartphone has a led or a single blue light, or if the lite version doesn't allow this operation). By the way, because I am going to purchase Light Flow once my Nexus 5 will be ordered, I wonder if the Nexus 5 has a led too. I am pretty sure it has, but I ask you.

Android is a great experience, and I feel more close to me than the iOS. It gives me the opportunity to create, to move, to organize, to set up to.....well, you know what I mean, isn't it? Now I can't wait to order my Nexus 5!!
    Today I saw a deal in a local store, a Samsung S4 mini for $350, but I will choose the Nexus. I want a pure Google experience!
    Result: Android 1, iOS 0.

Default Re: From iPhone to Android: 4 Hours Are Enough!

If you want pure Google there is no better way to do it than the Nexus line.

I think you will be happy, just like any device that hits the market these days people will pick them apart and find any possible issue wrong to write and complain about.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Global Posts
    5,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Cool. I was just reading another thread from an iPhone converter and saw that you were thinking about making the switch as well
    Glad you liked Android and to answer your question, yes, the N5 has an LED but it only flashes white by default so you will definitely need LightFlow
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
    Thanked by:

Since you're keeping score, how many devices are you going to compare?

Global Posts
    13,868 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidDario View Post
    Today I sold my iPhone 5. Now I am waiting for Nexus 5 to be available again on the italian store.
    I am currently using a tiny, 3,5" Vodafone Android Smart Mini (if curious, Google it), a $50 smartphone. It runs Android Jelly Bean 4.1.
    This is the first Android smartphone I am using. Since 2008 I've been used iPhone only.

Let me tell you something: Android is better than iOS.
    Last week I followed Erich Schmidt's instructions on "How To Move From iPhone to Android", and I stored in my gmail account all the contacts saved on iPhone.
    Today I literally played with the new Android and completed the configuration in 10 minutes. Set up everything, downloaded the main apps from Googleplay and now I can read through K9 emails from office.
    Also downloaded Light Flow light, but it can't allow me to set up the led colors (wonder if the smartphone has a led or a single blue light, or if the lite version doesn't allow this operation). By the way, because I am going to purchase Light Flow once my Nexus 5 will be ordered, I wonder if the Nexus 5 has a led too. I am pretty sure it has, but I ask you.

Android is a great experience, and I feel more close to me than the iOS. It gives me the opportunity to create, to move, to organize, to set up to.....well, you know what I mean, isn't it? Now I can't wait to order my Nexus 5!!
    Today I saw a deal in a local store, a Samsung S4 mini for $350, but I will choose the Nexus. I want a pure Google experience!
    Result: Android 1, iOS 0.
    I think if you are this impressed by a 3.5 inch Vodafone, you will be blown away by the Nexus. Enjoy the new toy!

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
    AndroidDario likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Fr0gburp3r View Post
    Since you're keeping score, how many devices are you going to compare?
    Score is just referred to my personal Android experience, which I've never had.

I know you're already set on the Nexus which is an excellent choice, but don't get the S4 mini it's really junk considering the cost. For that category you can get the Moto G which is much better with an HD screen while $150 cheaper and will receive updates sooner as well (being a Google company). S4 mini only have a better camera since they are strong in that area, but is really just Samsung cashing on their Galaxy branding popularity. Get their flagship version instead if you intend to buy a phone from them.

The free version of lightflow allow changing LED colors, but cheaper devices won't have multicolors LED. The first and last three Nexus phones had RGB LED notifications.

If you have any Android questions feel free to ask.

sent via tapatalk
    Last edited by someguy01234; 12-06-2013 at 05:11 PM.
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thank you.