From iPhone to Android: 4 Hours Are Enough!

AndroidDario

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Today I sold my iPhone 5. Now I am waiting for Nexus 5 to be available again on the italian store.
I am currently using a tiny, 3,5" Vodafone Android Smart Mini (if curious, Google it), a $50 smartphone. It runs Android Jelly Bean 4.1.
This is the first Android smartphone I am using. Since 2008 I've been used iPhone only.

Let me tell you something: Android is better than iOS.
Last week I followed Erich Schmidt's instructions on "How To Move From iPhone to Android", and I stored in my gmail account all the contacts saved on iPhone.
Today I literally played with the new Android and completed the configuration in 10 minutes. Set up everything, downloaded the main apps from Googleplay and now I can read through K9 emails from office.
Also downloaded Light Flow light, but it can't allow me to set up the led colors (wonder if the smartphone has a led or a single blue light, or if the lite version doesn't allow this operation). By the way, because I am going to purchase Light Flow once my Nexus 5 will be ordered, I wonder if the Nexus 5 has a led too. I am pretty sure it has, but I ask you.

Android is a great experience, and I feel more close to me than the iOS. It gives me the opportunity to create, to move, to organize, to set up to.....well, you know what I mean, isn't it? Now I can't wait to order my Nexus 5!!
Today I saw a deal in a local store, a Samsung S4 mini for $350, but I will choose the Nexus. I want a pure Google experience!
Result: Android 1, iOS 0.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
If you want pure Google there is no better way to do it than the Nexus line.

I think you will be happy, just like any device that hits the market these days people will pick them apart and find any possible issue wrong to write and complain about.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Cool. I was just reading another thread from an iPhone converter and saw that you were thinking about making the switch as well :p
Glad you liked Android and to answer your question, yes, the N5 has an LED but it only flashes white by default so you will definitely need LightFlow :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Today I sold my iPhone 5. Now I am waiting for Nexus 5 to be available again on the italian store.
I am currently using a tiny, 3,5" Vodafone Android Smart Mini (if curious, Google it), a $50 smartphone. It runs Android Jelly Bean 4.1.
This is the first Android smartphone I am using. Since 2008 I've been used iPhone only.

Let me tell you something: Android is better than iOS.
Last week I followed Erich Schmidt's instructions on "How To Move From iPhone to Android", and I stored in my gmail account all the contacts saved on iPhone.
Today I literally played with the new Android and completed the configuration in 10 minutes. Set up everything, downloaded the main apps from Googleplay and now I can read through K9 emails from office.
Also downloaded Light Flow light, but it can't allow me to set up the led colors (wonder if the smartphone has a led or a single blue light, or if the lite version doesn't allow this operation). By the way, because I am going to purchase Light Flow once my Nexus 5 will be ordered, I wonder if the Nexus 5 has a led too. I am pretty sure it has, but I ask you.

Android is a great experience, and I feel more close to me than the iOS. It gives me the opportunity to create, to move, to organize, to set up to.....well, you know what I mean, isn't it? Now I can't wait to order my Nexus 5!!
Today I saw a deal in a local store, a Samsung S4 mini for $350, but I will choose the Nexus. I want a pure Google experience!
Result: Android 1, iOS 0.

I think if you are this impressed by a 3.5 inch Vodafone, you will be blown away by the Nexus. Enjoy the new toy!

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I know you're already set on the Nexus which is an excellent choice, but don't get the S4 mini it's really junk considering the cost. For that category you can get the Moto G which is much better with an HD screen while $150 cheaper and will receive updates sooner as well (being a Google company). S4 mini only have a better camera since they are strong in that area, but is really just Samsung cashing on their Galaxy branding popularity. Get their flagship version instead if you intend to buy a phone from them.

The free version of lightflow allow changing LED colors, but cheaper devices won't have multicolors LED. The first and last three Nexus phones had RGB LED notifications.

If you have any Android questions feel free to ask.

sent via tapatalk

Last edited: