1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone opinions{ Tmobile}

Hey everyone, I'm currently looking for a new phone to get figured it was time to retire my rooted Htc Vision.While attach to it because its been through alot and still standing.So lets get to the point per say. Wifi calling is a must option due to nonexistent signal around my one my street or else i would grab up a Nexus 5 but due the the lack of wifi calling its a no go sadly.So i was looking at the LG g2 but not totally sure yet.Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks.

Default Re: Phone opinions{ Tmobile}

why not dump T-Mob and try another carrier?

Nexus 5 + AT&T GoPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    why not dump T-Mob and try another carrier?
    Perhaps because, unlike you (apparently), he doesn't have money to burn?

My wife and I are on a T-Mobile Simple Choice plan. $80/mo. for unlimited everything (throttled data after 500MB ea.). With any of the other three carriers we'd be at $130/mo. Never mind the roaming and LD deals, which, likewise, the other carriers cannot come close to matching.

xProxius,

Can't help you. We bought HTC Sensation 4Gs off eBay sellers. Hers new, mine like new. I doubt you want a two-year-old device, even if it is new. We're in the same boat, vis-a-vis WiFi calling. Our house is marginal. I'd be more inclined to a Moto G than an X, but the same problem obtains: No WiFi calling

Quote Originally Posted by Old Stoneface View Post
    Perhaps because, unlike you (apparently), he doesn't have money to burn?

My wife and I are on a T-Mobile Simple Choice plan. $80/mo. for unlimited everything (throttled data after 500MB ea.). With any of the other three carriers we'd be at $130/mo. Never mind the roaming and LD deals, which, likewise, the other carriers cannot come close to matching.

xProxius,

Can't help you. We bought HTC Sensation 4Gs off eBay sellers. Hers new, mine like new. I doubt you want a two-year-old device, even if it is new. We're in the same boat, vis-a-vis WiFi calling. Our house is marginal. I'd be more inclined to a Moto G than an X, but the same problem obtains: No WiFi calling
    come on. what good is cell service if you can't even use it at home? penny wise pound foolish. waste of money.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

No clue what the deal is here reason swaped from Verizon to tmobile was due to wifi calling about 2 years which was introduced to me by a coworker.Bad service for pretty much any provider here 1 maybe 2 bars on my brothers iphone5s so yeah.Its pretty much tmobile for me for the wificalling.Or i could just walk 2 blocks down the road and have full 4g just a dead zone i guess lol.

TMO has WiFi calling, the others will provide you a free femtocell. I would base my decision more on general coverage in the area(s) I most frequent and what I could justify spending, rather than mostly coverage in my home.

I would suggest getting on a carrier with some signal first. Just omit data if you have to. For WiFi calling there are plenty alternatives like Vonage and Groove IP.

sent via tapatalk