Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gekko
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ed Norton - Great Droid Commercial

i did a search but couldn't find it posted here. great commercial.

Thanked by:
    Geodude074 likes this.

Default Re: Ed Norton - Great Droid Commercial

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i did a search but couldn't find it posted here. great commercial.

I like it a lot too.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Nexus 5-Black
    Rooted 4.4.2
    TWRP

The Motorola commercials and even the Nexus 7 commercials I like. They are a lot better than the ones from Apple lately. The one with the gold iPhone, for the first 10 seconds or so I thought was about a candy or ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by sconrad308 View Post
    The Motorola commercials and even the Nexus 7 commercials I like. They are a lot better than the ones from Apple lately. The one with the gold iPhone, for the first 10 seconds or so I thought was about a candy or ice cream.
    Does Apple really need to advertise? I mean - they're just putting a commercial for the sake of putting out an ad. Samsung on the other hand MUST trash competition in order to point out some gimmicky feature that may or may not work. HTC one is building phones, but working way above their budget - no funds for advertising, and then there's pretty much carriers that would display a new model here and there... But, somehow without trashing competition, using substantially less money for advertising than Google or Samsung, just putting it out there and sell millions.

But coming back to topic, can someone explain the ad to me - is he flashback-ing, time traveling, what? I'm confused why I need to buy this phone....

I like it too. It is funny.

Posted via Android Central App

Of course Apple needs to advertise, believe it or not they still need to try and win people over. So far nothing they have done will make me want to go back.

Samsung doesn't have to trash the competition, but they do, much like a lot of advertising out there. As for gimmicky features, some of those people do like and use quite often. Just because you don't want or need them doesn't mean they are gimmicky.

Of course the carriers sell millions, especially here in the states with the subsidies. Do you really think that if it wasn't for subsidies or financing of the phone that the carrier will still sell as many? And most carriers actually spend quite a bit on advertising, but they can't always highlight one phone or put anything negative about another brand phone because then they would lose some of those brands to sell.

As for explaining the ad, it is him flashbacking from what has happened to him the last 48 hours and shows some of the features that were used to get him out of the situations and that he used.

Quote Originally Posted by Alik Malix View Post
    Does Apple really need to advertise? I mean - they're just putting a commercial for the sake of putting out an ad. Samsung on the other hand MUST trash competition in order to point out some gimmicky feature that may or may not work. HTC one is building phones, but working way above their budget - no funds for advertising, and then there's pretty much carriers that would display a new model here and there... But, somehow without trashing competition, using substantially less money for advertising than Google or Samsung, just putting it out there and sell millions.

But coming back to topic, can someone explain the ad to me - is he flashback-ing, time traveling, what? I'm confused why I need to buy this phone....

Quote Originally Posted by sconrad308 View Post
    Of course Apple needs to advertise, believe it or not they still need to try and win people over. So far nothing they have done will make me want to go back.

Samsung doesn't have to trash the competition, but they do, much like a lot of advertising out there. As for gimmicky features, some of those people do like and use quite often. Just because you don't want or need them doesn't mean they are gimmicky.

Of course the carriers sell millions, especially here in the states with the subsidies. Do you really think that if it wasn't for subsidies or financing of the phone that the carrier will still sell as many? And most carriers actually spend quite a bit on advertising, but they can't always highlight one phone or put anything negative about another brand phone because then they would lose some of those brands to sell.

As for explaining the ad, it is him flashbacking from what has happened to him the last 48 hours and shows some of the features that were used to get him out of the situations and that he used.
    Thank you for a dignified reply...