1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to Flash Recovery

I have CWM installed and I wish to install TWRP 2.6.3.3. I have the .img file downloaded on my laptop but I was wondering how do I flash it ?! I have both "ROM Manager" and "Recovery Tools - Flasher" installed on my HTC One. If I was to flash it, would my HTC One become wiped ?! Thanks !

Default Re: How to Flash Recovery

Use Goo Manager. In Goo Manager, open the menu on the top right and select "Install OpenRecoveryScript".

Or use fastboot, search google on how to setup adb/fastboot.

If you install TWRP recovery over CWM, it will wipe your CWM recovery.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by someguy01234 View Post
    Use Goo Manager. In Goo Manager, open the menu on the top right and select "Install OpenRecoveryScript".

Or use fastboot, search google on how to setup adb/fastboot.

If you install TWRP recovery over CWM, it will wipe your CWM recovery.
    Thanks, would my phone reboot if I was to use Goo Manager ?!

Quote Originally Posted by Don164 View Post
    Thanks, would my phone reboot if I was to use Goo Manager ?!
    It have to reboot if it's going to install TWRP, it does not factory reset your device.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

It have to reboot if it's going to install TWRP, it does not factory reset your device.
    I wish to apologize for this but can yourself give me instructions and what will happen as I flash TWRP

I've already did, download , open app, grant it root privilege when asked, open the top right menu and select "Install OpenRecoveryScript".
    If it download and flash successfully, TWRP will be installed on your phone, nothing else happens.

Recently Goo.im has been updating their server and the download might not work, but it should be fixed as of version 2.1.3 (right now it still download 2.1.2 to my phone so wait until it's updated to version 2.1.3 in the Google server).

If not, then you have to use fastboot to install it. I don't have much experience with HTC phones and their HBoot, so I can't help you. You can go to this page for the download link and instructions:

Just make sure to use the right version for your HTC One, there are different carriers version and flashing the wrong one might not work, I'm not sure if it matters with the HTC One in term of recovery, but just to be safe.
    Last edited by someguy01234; 12-10-2013 at 04:31 PM.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I've already did, download , open app, grant it root privilege when asked, open the top right menu and select "Install OpenRecoveryScript".
    If it download and flash successfully, TWRP will be installed on your phone, nothing else happens.

Recently Goo.im has been updating their server and the download might not work, but it should be fixed as of version 2.1.3 (right now it still download 2.1.2 to my phone so wait until it's updated to version 2.1.3 in the Google server).

If not, then you have to use fastboot to install it. I don't have much experience with HTC phones and their HBoot, so I can't help you. You can go to this page for the download link and instructions:

Just make sure to use the right version for your HTC One, there are different carriers version and flashing the wrong one might not work, I'm not sure if it matters with the HTC One in term of recovery, but just to be safe.
    I have an unlocked HTC One and I am from the UK. I was wondering can I do this from the Recovery Tools - Flasher app ?! I say this because it gives me an option to flash a recovery.img file straight from the SD drive.

I have an unlocked HTC One and I am from the UK. I was wondering can I do this from the Recovery Tools - Flasher app ?! I say this because it gives me an option to flash a recovery.img file straight from the SD drive.
    I just used that app on my Nexus and it worked, so you can go ahead with that, download the latest TWRP img from the link I posted and use the "Flash other Recovery" method.

After that you may want to check out these TWRP themes:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I just used that app on my Nexus and it worked, so you can go ahead with that, download the latest TWRP img from the link I posted and use the "Flash other Recovery" method.

After that you may want to check out these TWRP themes:
    Thanks, would anything happen to my phone ?!

Thanks, would anything happen to my phone ?!
    It depends, I don't know if your HBoot version being locked or unlocked matters, but I assume it is which is why you already have CWM. Just make a nandroid backup of your phone using CWM first.

Whatever risk involved is the same as when you install CWM previously. I don't think anything will go wrong, worse case is it'll fail and nothing happen. If you are already rooted with unlocked bootloader, it should work without a hitch.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

It depends, I don't know if your HBoot version being locked or unlocked matters, but I assume it is which is why you already have CWM. Just make a nandroid backup of your phone using CWM first.

Whatever risk involved is the same as when you install CWM previously. I don't think anything will go wrong, worse case is it'll fail and nothing happen. If you are already rooted with unlocked bootloader, it should work without a hitch.
    Thanks, my phone has its bootloader unlocked and it is rooted, the reason I want this version of TWRP is that I want flash a new ROM and it requires it. So I should I use Recovery Tools and from what I've read upon, after installation of the recovery, the phone doesn't even reboot

Thanks, my phone has its bootloader unlocked and it is rooted, the reason I want this version of TWRP is that I want flash a new ROM and it requires it. So I should I use Recovery Tools and from what I've read upon, after installation of the recovery, the phone doesn't even reboot
    Well you are taking a risk by doing this, with HTC phones unlocking the bootloader already void your warranty (which is one reason why I don't buy their phone). You just have to read up on how to restore it to stock and learn to use adb/fastboot, I wouldn't mess with the phone too much without knowing how to restore it to stock. I guess with HTC phones, beside fastboot you can flash RUU. I can't help you on this subject as my last HTC phone was an EVO.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Well you are taking a risk by doing this, with HTC phones unlocking the bootloader already void your warranty (which is one reason why I don't buy their phone). You just have to read up on how to restore it to stock and learn to use adb/fastboot, I wouldn't mess with the phone too much without knowing how to restore it to stock. I guess with HTC phones, beside fastboot you can flash RUU. I can't help you on this subject as my last HTC phone was an EVO.
    I bought my phone online from somebody so it doesn't have a warranty and besides to root the phone you have to unlock the bootloader (Which is done through the HTC website). I just want to flash this recovery so I can flash a new ROM, thats all