Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jdevenberg
  • 1 Post By knowtifier
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One vs. Motorola Droid Maxx

I've had a Droid Razr for almost two years now and I'm getting a new phone soon. For my next phone, I've pretty much narrowed it down to the One and the Droid Maxx. Obviously the One has better specs for the most part, but I'm really concerned about the battery life. I'm a pretty heavy user and my phone only lasts to about 3 PM during the week. I would love to have a ridiculous battery like the Maxx that I could have last for a couple of days. Also, I love the durability of my Razr; I've dropped it many times and after two years the screen doesn't even have a single scratch. From my understanding, the One doesn't have a Gorilla Glass screen like the Razr, but the Droid Maxx does.

Is the gap between the phones really that significant that I should give up the battery life and durability of the Droid Maxx in favor of the One?

(Also, I know the One Max would kind of be the best of both worlds, but I don't really want a phablet)

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: HTC One vs. Motorola Droid Maxx

The Droid Maxx is a nice phone and if battery life is paramount for you I'd consider it vs. the G2, which also has really good battery life. That said, I've not read of many complaints with the HTC One's battery life. If you're not going to have Bluetooth and location services/GPS enabled when not explicitly used you should easily get through a whole day with the One.
    Live long and prosper.

I have the Moto X, which boils down to being a Droid Maxx with a smaller battery. I had the HTC One from launch weekend before that. I much prefer the Moto X, and if it had even better battery that would do nothing but improve it. The only real positives of the one are the speakers. I think the screens are a wash because, although the One's is higher resolution, I love love love the absolute black of AMOLED.

I have the HTC One and the battery isnt the most impressive aspect about the phone. The build quality, speakers, screen are great but I recommend you hold off on buying an HTC One since its almost time for an update. For pure battery, there is no other phone besides the Droid Maxxes imo.

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by knowtifier View Post
    I have the HTC One and the battery isnt the most impressive aspect about the phone. The build quality, speakers, screen are great but I recommend you hold off on buying an HTC One since its almost time for an update. For pure battery, there is no other phone besides the Droid Maxxes imo.
    The G2 is not a distant 2nd as far as battery life is concerned.

Optimus G Pro
    Live long and prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    The G2 is not a distant 2nd as far as battery life is concerned.

Optimus G Pro
    The Note 3 also has very respectable battery life from what I've heard.

Active Notifications and "always listening" google now are why I would choose the Maxx. They are amazing.
    The battery life is just icing on the cake.
    Its the new Tech that makes the Maxx and the Moto X really shine.
    You should research the always on google now and the active notifcations as well as motorola assist.
    These are game changers that change the way you interact with your smart phone.
    Toss in:
    durability (kevlar)
    strong Motorola radios.
    Clean, Vanilla like android experience.
    You need to look at more then pixel density and processor speed these days.

You need to look hard at the MAXX or you may regret your decision.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

The Droid line is not an option for me on att but I can tell you that I still enjoy the HTC One just as much as I did on the first day of having it!
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!

Quote Originally Posted by cgardnervt View Post
    The Droid line is not an option for me on att but I can tell you that I still enjoy the HTC One just as much as I did on the first day of having it!
    I do miss the One's speakers (though the Moto X is surprisingly loud) and especially its camera. It is a great phone. You really can't go wrong choosing between the new Droid line/Moto X and the HTC One. Either way you end up with an awesome phone.
    Haalcyon likes this.

+1 I went with the X because of its size. Otherwise I would have gone with the Maxx. I don't regret selling my 4S. I don't think you could go wrong with the One either. Its all about personal choice. Great time for Android shopping.

Posted via Android Central App

It really is a huge difference. I would get the Droid Maxx. The battery life is so much better and it's not even close. The HTC One was one of the phones I looked at, but I ended up going with the Maxx and I have no regrets. It's probably the most underrated phone out there.

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLions81 View Post
    It really is a huge difference. I would get the Droid Maxx. The battery life is so much better and it's not even close. The HTC One was one of the phones I looked at, but I ended up going with the Maxx and I have no regrets. It's probably the most underrated phone out there.
    What kind of dev support is the Maxx getting?
    Live long and prosper.

I have an HTC One and I absolutely love it. The battery wasn't bad when I first got the phone. After a day of moderate use, I'd be around 30% or 40% at the end of the day. After rooting, using tasker and greenify, I've increased the battery life so that I'm around 50% - 60% at the end of the day. I haven't had the battery die once on me, whereas before with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus (which was known for a lousy battery), it happened a lot.

If you like battery life then go with the Maxx. I Have an HTC One and its a really good phone but by no means can it compare to the Maxx's battery life.
    cgardnervt likes this.

Global Posts
    5,535 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Google Play Edition One?

Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by knowtifier View Post
    If you like battery life then go with the Maxx. I Have an HTC One and its a really good phone but by no means can it compare to the Maxx's battery life.
    While Knowt is 100% correct about the 2, the HTC One will still have no issues getting you through en entire day on one charge. I charge me phones over night anyways. Just turn off Google Now and Good locations and your all set!
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!