1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts

Default Recommend Tablet + Keyboard

My buddy is looking for a tablet with a keyboard to do some light typing while he is out and about. I know Microsoft products better than android, so the Surface is one suggestions.

I was wondering if anyone had a good Android suggestions. I did notice on the front page about the LG Gpad 8.3 and that looked interesting, does anyone know if you can get a keyboard with it?

I am not big on Blue Tooth keyboards, since its just another thing to keep charged and good luck remembering to charge it It might be the only way though.

thanks.

Global Posts
    6,221 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Recommend Tablet + Keyboard

The only Android tablets that can have a matching keyboard from the OEM (albeit seperately, at an increased cost), that I know of, are the Asus Transformers. TF300 (low end) and TF701. The keyboards add ~$130 to the costs.
    Live long and prosper.

Default Re: Recommend Tablet + Keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    The only Android tablets that can have a matching keyboard from the OEM (albeit seperately, at an increased cost), that I know of, are the Asus Transformers. TF300 (low end) and TF701. The keyboards add ~$130 to the costs.
    This isn't entirely accurate. Samsung offers keyboard docks for most of its tablets, but they do not offer the folding laptop mode of the ASUS tablets. They are more desktop docks with a keyboard. Bluetooth keyboards last quite a while now, I really think they are the way to go unless you like the ASUS offerings (which are admittedly great, but I like 8" tablets best). I'd get the Google Play Edition G Pad 8.3, and ezel type stand, and a bluetooth keyboard
    Thanked by: