Portability of Paid-for Apps

Labarum

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I have a Nexus 7 and have just bought a Moto G. As far as I can see the few paid for apps I have on the Nexus are available only in the limited free version when installed on the Moto G. Both devices are registered to the same Google account. Am I missing something.

I must say the Moto G looks very good - my first smartphone and a miniature Nexus 7!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have a Nexus 7 and have just bought a Moto G. As far as I can see the few paid for apps I have on the Nexus are available only in the limited free version when installed on the Moto G. Both devices are registered to the same Google account. Am I missing something.

I must say the Moto G looks very good - my first smartphone and a miniature Nexus 7!

If the developer uses one version for both apps and tablets, you should be able to use the same purchase on both devices. What apps are you referring to?

Labarum

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I had mixed up Thumb Keyboard with another product. When I install the Thumb Keyboard I paid for it works on the Moto G.

The other app is Advanced Touchpad (Pro). Their website invites and email when there are problems. I have sent one.

Thanks for your help. I will report again.

Labarum

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I got into a detailed conversation with Arcoid, the Vendor of Advanced Touchpad.

I was sent a link to an .apk to sideload - but it wouldn't. They sent me another .apk, but by then I had resolved the issue so:

Going back to Google Play/My Apps I noticed there were two identical tiles both named Advanced Touch . . .

The rest of the name running off the tile. Only when the tile is clicked can it be seen that one is for the Pro version.

The paid for Pro version installed on the Moto G from Google Play.

I now have the app running perfectly on my old Nexus 7 upgraded to Kit Kat and my Moto G running 4.3, but for which Kit Kat is promised in January.

It's a brilliant app. I can control my Windows 7 HTPC from my Nexus and now also from my new Android phone. Advanced Touchpad and the Android Logitech Squeezebox Controller will get very well used in my lounge - as will the CSipSimple App to latch onto my VOIP accounts.

For browsing and email I do not use the Tablet but a 11.5" Arm Chromebook.

I have asked Arcoid if there is (or could there be) a way to use Advanced Touchpad with a Chromebook or Chromebox? Of course I cannot install an .exe on the ChromeOS. That would be good!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1