1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Mail App Notifications

Okay so I'm new to the whole android community. I bought my first smart phone a little over a year ago and it was the iPhone 5, I decided it was time for a new phone so I thought I'd try an android because I really don't care about this whole apple vs android fight. I bought the HTC one and all is well, just trying to learn all the tricks and such as you do with any new phone. But anyways the whole point of this was I really enjoy the ios email better. Obviously android's stock email app is awful so I did a bit of research of different apps, whatever, I didn't find anything extraordinary. I ended up downloading k9 to try it out. Not much like ios but not terrible. Main point I love ios mail was for the VIP address notification. With my job I have multiple accounts I have too keep up with and I get hundreds of emails a day. I want to be notified when my important contacts email me. Is there any app or anything on android that anyone's found that has a feature like so? Okay thanks so much.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    13,877 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Mail App Notifications

Quote Originally Posted by msarahrileyc View Post
    Okay so I'm new to the whole android community. I bought my first smart phone a little over a year ago and it was the iPhone 5, I decided it was time for a new phone so I thought I'd try an android because I really don't care about this whole apple vs android fight. I bought the HTC one and all is well, just trying to learn all the tricks and such as you do with any new phone. But anyways the whole point of this was I really enjoy the ios email better. Obviously android's stock email app is awful so I did a bit of research of different apps, whatever, I didn't find anything extraordinary. I ended up downloading k9 to try it out. Not much like ios but not terrible. Main point I love ios mail was for the VIP address notification. With my job I have multiple accounts I have too keep up with and I get hundreds of emails a day. I want to be notified when my important contacts email me. Is there any app or anything on android that anyone's found that has a feature like so? Okay thanks so much.

Posted via Android Central App
    Welcome to the forums.
    I don't email much from my phone, don't know why, just don't really care to. Have you looked to see if you can get each mail app on your device? I know Yahoo, and MS have apps for Android.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here