Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Should I keep iPhone 5s or Note 3?

Right now I have both the the 5s and the Galaxy Note 3, and have a few more days left before I have to send one back...

I love the Note 3. It's an amazing device. The only thing is the size. It just seems like it might be too big for an every day phone.

While the Note 3 is definitely superior to the Iphone... I love the form factor on the Iphone. It's very light and easy to hold.

What should I do? Should I keep the Iphone and just get a Nexus 7 tablet? Or should I keep the Note 3 and just deal with the size. lol
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-21-2014 at 02:17 AM.
    Thanked by:
    pgg101 

Default Re: Should I keep Iphone 5s or Note 3?

Well, if you like having people spy on your fingerprints, or having Apple allow police to decide when you can and can't use your camera or WiFi (sauce ), or if you like really annoying proprietary software and updates, keep the iPhone 5S. Otherwise, I vote keep your Galaxy Note 3.
    Thanked by:

What software do you like more thats really what it comes down to. because the form factor you will get used too. But if you want a big phone and feels good in your hands why not go with a Nexus 5 or HTC one. To me iOS software gets boring after a while my first Android phone was a GS4 then I jumped right to a Nexus 5 and could not be happier. Lots of people think it's an iPhone lol. What I did to pick between iPhone and Android was I looked at software first.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaista2k View Post
    Right now I have both the the 5s and the Galaxy Note 3, and have a few more days left before I have to send one back...

I love the Note 3. It's an amazing device. The only thing is the size. It just seems like it might be too big for an every day phone.

While the Note 3 is definitely superior to the Iphone... I love the form factor on the Iphone. It's very light and easy to hold.

What should I do? Should I keep the Iphone and just get a Nexus 7 tablet? Or should I keep the Note 3 and just deal with the size. lol
    Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Nexus all the way..
    chirag05 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,693 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Both will probably do daily tasks such as browsing the web or listening to music fantastically and both do have a very strong app market for different tasks, so I think it comes down to appeal. I think you should keep the Note 3 because Android allows you to do so much to your phone to make it for your tastes. iOS just keeps the same look all the time and the only thing you can change is the wallpaper... kind of boring if you ask me.
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I think the note 3 is better.

It just a question of do I want to carry such a big phone around all the time?

I've used my one swap already so it's gotta be the note or iphone.

How good is the Nexus 7 compared to the note3? I could just keep the iPhone and get a nexus 7...

Keep the note 3, better than iphone 5s. If screen size is an issue try LG G2 ... bought one as gift to my sister since ive read great reviews , good phone and just exact screen size. Fast enough for everyday use, maybe you can try to play with it in stores though you said you have only two option which is the 5s and note 3 ... im using note 3 and my sister before LG G2 is using 5s, she likes android very customizable ...

We are all apple users at home but switch to android...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Darrel Valencia View Post
    Keep the note 3, better than iphone 5s. If screen size is an issue try LG G2 ... bought one as gift to my sister since ive read great reviews , good phone and just exact screen size. Fast enough for everyday use, maybe you can try to play with it in stores though you said you have only two option which is the 5s and note 3 ... im using note 3 and my sister before LG G2 is using 5s, she likes android very customizable ...

We are all apple users at home but switch to android...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Note 3 for the win baby!!!!!!!

Posted via Android Central App

asking a question like that in an android based forum is like walking into a Ford dealership and asking if you should keep your ford or buy a chevy
    Thanked by:

I recently switched from an iPhone 5 to a Note 3...yes the Note 3 is rather large, and will take some getting used to but I'm learning to love it. I'm not totally opposed to iPhones, and would go back if Apple would start to pack the same features as Android because I feel the iPhone is much more polished than Android devices. However, I love all of the features the Android has versus the iPhone such as customization, open ecosystem, NFC and just flat out more options, especially for the $. I would make the switch to the Note 3 and see what Apple comes out with next. Just my two cents

Really?! You're gonna ask if you should choose to keep an iOS device over an Android device in an Android Forum? What kind of answers were you expecting with all the fanboys here. lol

If the size of the Note 3 is the only con, then just get an S4 or a smaller Android flagship phone.
    ladyc0524 and chirag05 like this.

Sell both and get a smaller Android phone.
    JeffDenver likes this.

You should keep iPhone because it lighter and smaller and useful for all the normal work.

Get a Moto X.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

Your posting this on android central, of course everybody's gonna say choose the note 3. I have a 5s and a nexus 7 2013. Best combo ever. Using a real tablet is still better than just using a huge phone. Note 3 is nice too but I prefer my phone to be small and can be operated on one hand.

Both are great phones, but I'd personally go with the Note 3. You really can't go wrong with either though. I'd almost take the 5s over the Note (and I'd definitely take a 5s over a Galaxy S4) because I really, really don't like most of TouchWiz, but I love me some S-Pen.

ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Have you considered the Nexus 5 or Galaxy S4? Similar specs and smaller size. The Nexus is going to be more comparable to an iPhone experience as far as smoothness.

The Moto X has been praised for it's form factor as well. You might look into that one. I don't know of any Android phones that are as small as the iPhone with the same or better specs.

I used to think the same thing about the iPhone, but now it seems to small to me.

What exactly do you like about the Note 3? If it is the camera and speed, there are several Android phones that are smaller with comparable cameras and speed.

The Note would be too big for me as well, thats one reason I went with the Nexus 5.

Bonus: A Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 tablet together will probably cost the same or less than many of the other phones by themselves. Including the newest iPhones.

Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    Both are great phones, but I'd personally go with the Note 3. You really can't go wrong with either though. I'd almost take the 5s over the Note (and I'd definitely take a 5s over a Galaxy S4) because I really, really don't like most of TouchWiz, but I love me some S-Pen.
    I would never choose an ip5s over the gs4 or the one or the x lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using tapatalk 2 (Central n ohio Austin IL)

Quote Originally Posted by Central n ohios best View Post
    I would never choose an ip5s over the gs4 or the one or the x lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using tapatalk 2 (Central n ohio Austin IL)
    I wouldn't take the 5s over a One (which I had until recently) or a Moto X (my current phone), just over an S4. I cannot stand touchwiz and the Note 3's S-Pen is the only reason I would take it over a 5s

This is an Android forum, an of course I there will be some bias but I actually use a Note device and I will have to say definitely the Note 3.

Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    This is an Android forum, an of course I there will be some bias but I actually use a Note device and I will have to say definitely the Note 3.
    Just out of curiosity, does the phone have a built in slot for the stylus pen?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    Just out of curiosity, does the phone have a built in slot for the stylus pen?

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    Yes

Cool. Thanks for reply.

You will get used to the size with the Note 3. When I had it, it took about a couple of days and then the phone seemed to be just right and my iPhone 5 seemed tiny. But then I went to the 5S and I was able to adjust to the size of that in just a couple of days and now that seems to feel just right. So don't let the size deter you from getting the device that you want because you will ultimately adjust to it.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

well all I can say is I came from an IPhone 4 it was simple and easy. the note 3 was a no brainer screen size more user settings and just as easy to use as the iPhone.
    I always thought the note 3 was to large too but since using it for 2 weeks for me to go back squinting isn't an option.
    what it comes down to is personal preference so let that be your guide.

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    Get a Moto X.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast