Launchers

StLouisMan2

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Right now, I'm using the stock launcher on my 2012 Nexus 7 Tablet. Since the upgrade to Android 4.4 and then 4.4.2, it stops occasionally. Do you think if I used Nova it would behave the same?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

FLRubi

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Aviate for several months and don't anticipate ever changing. Like others have said, it's really hard to describe and you just have to experience it to truly appreciate it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I chose apex over nova for the options available in the free version. I appreciated that they offered so much in the free version I paid for the full version to support the dev. Nova's lack of free options rubbed me the wrong way so I never went back.

I would like to try aviate but since my life is so simple and boring (just like with Google Now) I feel like it's best features would be useless for me.

I'm so used to customizing options after using launcher pro, Go and Apex for so long static/stock launchers feel so limited.

Any other suggestions?

Sent from my phone with the app.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded a bunch of launchers on this phone but haven't tried a lot of them yet. I'm still using Apex on here. I liked being able to customize the number of rows and columns to make the icons smaller, and editing my screen.

On my Nexus 5 I am not yet tired of the GEL. I haven't even added 3rd party wallpapers there because I'm still loving the stock ones. :p

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Anything is better than touchwiz but I've tried them all and have decided on Apex launcher. It's very smooth, polished and customizable enough for my needs. I even paid for the pro version for a few extra bucks to have a few extras but nothing really significant. Give it a shot because it's free and if you don't like it u can uninstall it.

Posted via Android Central App

StLouisMan2

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I am now running the Nova Launcher app on my 2012 Nexus 7 Tablet to see whether it will behave better than the stock launcher. I mentioned above that stock launcher has been stopping repeatedly since all of the Android system upgrades.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
newbie question please
Will nova and apex still send notifications for missed calls, mail, text, ect to the top notification area and also the icons on my dock tray? I don't want to lose those if I go to a 3rd party launcher. Using att lg g2
Thanks

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
newbie question please
Will nova and apex still send notifications for missed calls, mail, text, ect to the top notification area and also the icons on my dock tray? I don't want to lose those if I go to a 3rd party launcher. Using att lg g2
Thanks

Yes, you'll still get notifications. Those are tied to the apps, not the launcher. Some launchers, however, have options to enable a missed count widget on the apps.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Nova Prime here. The tried them all, for the most part... Nova kept coming out on top. I purchased the prime version to get the extra goodies and haven't looked back.

It's been rock solid without any glitches or fc's... it's quick and very customizable... I'm running paranoid android 3.99 (4.3.1) and it plays well with the ui additions in PA.

The GEL launcher in KitKat is nice, other than the drain caused by the 'always listening' bits... you really need a Moto X (does the n5 have the low power bits?) for that to not be annoying...

Still, nova is tops

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey