1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 7" Tablet with HDMI and SD Card - recommendations?

Hi

Looking for a 7" tablet, with good screen and battery life and HDMI and SD card slots.

A Nexus 7 would be the ideal, if it had the two slots.

I have one of the Chinese jobs and it's grand, but the battery life is terrible.

Only budget options I can see are the Hisense Sero Pro or the Tesco Hudl.

Anything coming up on the horizon? Would pay a decent amount for the right machine.

TIA

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: 7" Tablet with HDMI and SD Card - recommendations?

I don't think there is anything on the Android Market with those two requirements in terms of budget options. Even the Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) & Tab 3 10.1 don't have HDMI out options. The two budget options you posted appear to have sd card slots but no HDMI outs, unless you plan on using a converter to connect to HDMI.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Not even necessarily looking for a budget option. The two I mentioned definitely have proper mini hdmi connectors though.

Quote Originally Posted by galvo65 View Post
    Hi

Looking for a 7" tablet, with good screen and battery life and HDMI and SD card slots.

A Nexus 7 would be the ideal, if it had the two slots.

I have one of the Chinese jobs and it's grand, but the battery life is terrible.

Only budget options I can see are the Hisense Sero Pro or the Tesco Hudl.

Anything coming up on the horizon? Would pay a decent amount for the right machine.

TIA
    I'm not sure which market you are in but the Medion Lifetab E7312 has a decent screen, card slot, and the HDMI port you're looking for. Unfortunately it also has about 3 hours of battery life (playing video, with Wifi on and screen at max brightness). Is that enough to be worth it?
    editor of the best indie ereader and tablet blog, The Digital Reader
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

No, 3 hours is nowhere near enough. Thanks anyway. My Chinese Onda gives me 4-5 hours I suppose.

The Nexus supports Slimport I've discovered so an adapter like this
    could sort out my HDMI output. Has anyone used this with the Nexus - are there any drawbacks?
    I could probably live with a 32GB tablet although I like the convenience of throwing movies etc on an external card.
    I can't get why high end tablets don't just put in the two slots. Surely it would only cost a few dollars and vastly improve their market appeal or am I missing the big picture?

have you looked at the tegra note 7? it can take micro hdmi and a micro sd card -- a stylus, too!

Quote Originally Posted by cis_sj View Post
    have you looked at the tegra note 7? it can take micro hdmi and a micro sd card -- a stylus, too!
    I second this got one for the other half for Xmas.

Fantastic little machine only paid 89 (approx $135) for it.

Had SD slot and HDMI out. ( not tested the latter yet but have a mirorcast do prob use that)

Has ran everything I've thrown at it.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by David_LFC View Post
    I second this got one for the other half for Xmas.

Fantastic little machine only paid 89 (approx $135) for it.

Had SD slot and HDMI out. ( not tested the latter yet but have a mirorcast do prob use that)

Has ran everything I've thrown at it.

How in the hell did that cost you only 89 pounds, which like you said is about 135 American, when its going for 200 odd here!

Prices went crazy for run up to Xmas inititially reduced to 125 (seena to be standard price now)

Then week before xmas was down to 99 but there was still a voucher code for 10 off = 89

The budget market got really competitive this year galaxy tab 3 priced less than that 100

Tegra was best specced for price though.

Also picked up a moto G for 99 to use as my second phone as I have a note 3 as my primary device and to be honest it has made me think do I need to ever pay 400 - 600 for an off contract phone again as again runs everything I throw at it and had fantastic battery life. Perfect for the phone to use when out on nights out....

i have the Medion Lifetab E7312 tablet, and it definitely does NOT have an HDMI port... I only got it about ten days ago, and havent had time to find out much about it yet... battery life does appear to be an issue... first time it seemed it was dead, i called the toll-free number for support, and within a coupla minutes, stuck a pin in the hole on the back labeled 'reset', which brought it to life... And, I did not lose my data, just like he said... I have called the toll-free number 3 times, I think, and each time the problem was solved within minutes...

but, it does seem that the thing 'dies' if it is not plugged in every three days or so. Earlier this evening, it appeared to be dead... not responding at all, even after plugging it in... then, it would show 'charging', but not how much... and it still wouldnt wake up... a few minutes more, and it seems to be fully functional...

i will post updates as i find out more about it, but so far, I am happy with it...

regards...

dnorm

p.s. I held the power button down for several seconds, until I heard a sound...

Last years Kindle Fire HD. Root that sucker (or not) and you've got a great tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by michaels_epp View Post
    Last years Kindle Fire HD. Root that sucker (or not) and you've got a great tablet.
    Sorry, didn't see the SD card slot requirement.