1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Seeking for advice for my Sony Phone

I have bought a sony xperia L about 2 months ago. It is really an awesome phone no prob at all. However I am having some trouble. Apps r crashing one after the another and I dont know how to fix them. First it was Real Racing 3, then subway surfers, temple run 2, nun attack run and gun, even facebook seems like its gonna crash. The hard ware is definitely okay, new and kept in delicate care. I tried many things like checking if the internet was all right, restarting the phone or restarting the app it did not work... I tried re installing still fail. only google chrome recovered after crashing. I have also noticed that my phone has gotten significantly slower recently. It has an awesome adreno 305 chipset, it never used to lag on real racing 3 and not its lagging on petty games... I am sure there must be ways to fix this and also ways to maintain my phone.
    Thank you for reading. Please leave me advice on what to do to fix this and how to do it. I am newbie to android, thanks for ur help.

Default Re: Seeking for advice for my Sony Phone

Might be a rouge background app. Try a factory reset instead of a regular reset.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using tapatalk 2 (Central n ohio Austin IL)
    Thanked by:

I would do a factory reset just back all your contacts up first and you should be fine after that

Sent from my C6603 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thank you guys, I really appreciate it. Please tell me what a factory reset is and how to do it.

Factory reset reverts your device to its stock settings. As previous posts have mentioned it is wise to backup personal information contained on the phone to either the cloud or some variety of local storage as any information that isn't will be forever lost. Once everything is backed up look in your settings for something along the lines of backup and reset. Enter this menu then you should see factory reset. Click it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thank you guys, I did just that. Can anyone tell me of a nice backup app for future use?

Edit: The same problem is still bugging me........... With subway surfers.. thats the first thing I installed. Screen is all blank, just black, no response what so ever, the back/return key is not working (I have android 4.2.2). However home key is working and so is the other key( I forgot the name) that is to the right of home key.
    Last edited by Ancel Demonica; 12-18-2013 at 11:51 PM.

Is subway surfers optimized for kk? Maybe that or a phone issue. Sometimes when dl apps and then going straight in opening em they will freeze up sometimes.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using tapatalk 2 (Central n ohio Austin IL)
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I dont know what kk is but I am sure its not yet optimized for anything in my phone. I am confident that my phone is okay. Btw, the freezing thing is 100% times when I open it, its not usable anymore but it automatically collects and displays notifications. What do u suggest me to do?

Thats strange? Kk is kit kat but I forgot u are on a sony so its on jellybean. Is it just that app?

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Ohh. My phone has jellybean 4.2.2, I mentioned it . And kk is available in sony, only in xperia Z1 and Z ultra. Sadly not on my phone ,its L. That aside what can I do to fix subway surfers on my phone?

If your hardware does not have any problem then you need to reboot your phone.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by Murari_ctls View Post
    If your hardware does not have any problem then you need to reboot your phone.
    If reboot means restart I did that many times. I even factory reset it yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancel Demonica View Post
    If reboot means restart I did that many times. I even factory reset it yesterday.
    Hello Ancel Demonica

I will suggest Kindly contact sony service center, I will hope solve your problem.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ancel Demonica View Post
    I have bought a sony xperia L about 2 months ago. It is really an awesome phone no prob at all. However I am having some trouble. Apps r crashing one after the another and I dont know how to fix them. First it was Real Racing 3, then subway surfers, temple run 2, nun attack run and gun, even facebook seems like its gonna crash. The hard ware is definitely okay, new and kept in delicate care. I tried many things like checking if the internet was all right, restarting the phone or restarting the app it did not work... I tried re installing still fail. only google chrome recovered after crashing. I have also noticed that my phone has gotten significantly slower recently. It has an awesome adreno 305 chipset, it never used to lag on real racing 3 and not its lagging on petty games... I am sure there must be ways to fix this and also ways to maintain my phone.
    Thank you for reading. Please leave me advice on what to do to fix this and how to do it. I am newbie to android, thanks for ur help.
    Sad to say it but your phone is underpowered for gaming. I was just looking at the specs. My Hydro has similar CPU and worse specs and only very simple games will work well on it (and still crash on exit, frequently). But I agree, call Sony and see what they say.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

Yep, I got one for my partner and it was fine when using it for simple stuff, but games just killed it. Then I made the terrible mistake of updating the OS to 4.2.... oh dear, made the phone unusably slow. Not great I'm sad to say. Can you return it and get a Moto G?