1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default another couple of questions please...

Which music player do you use? What is the best audiobook player? and what is the difference between "lauchers" Can you tell I never had an android? thanks for everyones help and patience oh, and what happened to my emoticons on my keyboard after the 4.3 update? what keyboards to you like?

I use Google play music and Spotify for streaming. Also use Apollo (CyanogenMod music player) when I want something different.

Smart audio book player is a pretty good app. There are many others in the play store.

Launchers differ on how they change the look and UI of the device. Some such as Nova allow you to hide bloatware and manually change app icons. Themer and Buzz launcher differ in that they let you apply themes that others have created.

I personally think SwiftKey is the best keyboard due to its predictive text and flow typing. There are some emoticon centric keyboards and plug ins for various keyboards.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Default Re: another couple of questions please...

Quote Originally Posted by brick58 View Post
    Which music player do you use?
    Poweramp. There is nothing else comparable IMO. It is paid only, but worth it.

What is the difference between "lauchers"
    It all comes down to two things: Look/feel and Options. Launchers will change how your home screens look and behave as well as your app drawer.

I personally like Nova Launcher. It is based on the stock launcher but adds a bunch of options the stock launcher doesn't have, like adding icon packs, a scrolling dock, much easier to edit screens and a variety of screen transitions among other things. It is the first app I install on any phone I buy. It's free and fully functional but the paid version will give you some extra features.

what keyboards to you like?
    Swiftkey. Nothing else compares. And they have more emoticons than you will ever need. It is paid also, and worth it.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

if I install nova or any other launcher should I delete touch wiz that came on phone? or disable it? also if I install poweramp do I disable or delete music apps?

ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by brick58 View Post
    if I install nova or any other launcher should I delete touch wiz that came on phone? or disable it?
    You can't. It is baked into the OS. It is the main reason everyone hates 3rd party skins like touchwiz...you can't disable or uninstall them.

The new launcher will run on top of it though, and replace it for your home screens and app drawer. Whats more, if you decide you don't like the launcher just uninstall it. Your native launcher will come back exactly as you left it, icons and all.

also if I install poweramp do I disable or delete music apps?
    No. It will sit along side them. Just like with a PC, if you try to play music files you'll get a dialogue box asking what app you want to use...just select "Power amp" then "Always" and from then on it will use poweramp by default. You will not need to uninstall anything.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    13,853 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

I agree with Jeff. PowerAmp is a good player and he is right about TouchWiz launchers and apps. Nova is an awesome launcher though.
    More on Nova: [GUIDE] Nova Launcher

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by: