Droidguy1990 is a scammer -Refund received

spydersilk

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
FINAL UPDATE:
Received the following from Google Wallet this morning (I don't know if this refund was actually refunded by Toni Saccente, or if it was because I had filed a claim with my bank and they contacted Google and it was Google Wallet that issued the refund. Either way, I got my money back.

Attachments

• 1388413462197.jpg
    1388413462197.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Droidguy1990 is a scammer

I checked out the tracking number and it says it was delivered in Salt Lake on the 15th? Was that not to you? Or did you get the package and it wasn't the phone? I mean, I understand that he stopped talking to you, but what happened once you got the package?

spydersilk

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

I don't live in Salt Lake City Utah. I live in Florida. My address was given to him two separate times, once through the Google wallet payment and also through the PM here on Android central. It is shown above in my message

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

No package was ever sent to me.

I wonder if it's true about the physician's assistant job. I know other sociopaths where I am that work in similar jobs, and emergency care.

This sucks, spydersilk, I'm sorry this happened. Hopefully you can get him to take responsibility.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

Sorry to hear about this. You can sue him in small claims court in your county, but you have to serve him wherever he lives/works and that costs money to do. Then when you get a judgment against him, you have to spend money to try to levy against assets/garnish wages.

I have never used Google wallet for something like this. Thanks for the heads up; it sounds like Google wallet should be avoided for these types of merchandise transactions.

spydersilk

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

I wonder if it's true about the physician's assistant job. I know other sociopaths where I am that work in similar jobs, and emergency care.

This sucks, spydersilk, I'm sorry this happened. Hopefully you can get him to take responsibility.

I looked his last name up and there is no physician assistant with that last name in the state of Florida.
Funny, that was another thing I noticed that made me suspicious

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

spydersilk

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

Sorry to hear about this. You can sue him in small claims court in your county, but you have to serve him wherever he lives/works and that costs money to do. Then when you get a judgment against him, you have to spend money to try to levy against assets/garnish wages.

I have never used Google wallet for something like this. Thanks for the heads up; it sounds like Google wallet should be avoided for these types of merchandise transactions.

At this point, I am fine if he were to get charged. 300 and above is a felony. I spoke with a detective in Cape Coral. If I don't get my money back, so be it.
Sad thing is that the money was sent to his wife, so I think she would be the one getting in trouble. Kind of threw her under the bus

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

I looked his last name up and there is no physician assistant with that last name in the state of Florida.
Funny, that was another thing I noticed that made me suspicious

You should pursue this if you have the time and energy. I'm sure he'll move on to bigger and more profitable crimes if he has the chance.

spydersilk

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

You should pursue this if you have the time and energy. I'm sure he'll move on to bigger and more profitable crimes if he has the chance.

I'm definitely trying. I was told by the Cape Coral police that I need to file police report in Manatee County where I live, then they have to forward it down to Lee County.
I was concerned that only being 350 she would brush it off, but she seemed legitimately interested in looking in to it for me.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

I'm definitely trying. I was told by the Cape Coral police that I need to file police report in Manatee County where I live, then they have to forward it down to Lee County.
I was concerned that only being 350 she would brush it off, but she seemed legitimately interested in looking in to it for me.

That's good. What's 350?

Edit: Oh, the price. I see. Still, not peanuts

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

At this point, I am fine if he were to get charged. 300 and above is a felony. I spoke with a detective in Cape Coral. If I don't get my money back, so be it.
Even if the police would investigate the case, the chance that a DA would pursue charges for this is slim.

Sad thing is that the money was sent to his wife, so I think she would be the one getting in trouble.
Not based on the facts you have put forth.

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the reality is that police departments and district attorneys do not have the resources to go after every craig's list scammer out there. They don't even have the resources to keep us safe from violent crimes.

Civil court is going to be your best option, but it is expensive.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

They can't do anything to discourage people from filing police reports and if they did, they would lose their jobs. And I think you absolutely should file one as you need to in order to pursue a civil case.

But the chance that the police are going to do much of an investigation is slim. I wish I were wrong, but it is the reality.

spydersilk

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

Even if the police would investigate the case, the chance that a DA would pursue charges for this is slim.

Not based on the facts you have put forth.

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the reality is that police departments and district attorneys do not have the resources to go after every craig's list scammer out there. They don't even have the resources to keep us safe from violent crimes.

Civil court is going to be your best option, but it is expensive.

For the most part I agree, and I have, as much as it aggravates me, realized nothing will happen to him.
As for her, to me it seems clear she is just as much a part of it as he. I have requested my money back through her email address and have not gotten any response. Either he is deleting them before she sees them, or she knows what he did and is OK with it

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

Either he is deleting them before she sees them, or she knows what he did and is OK with it
Anyone can set up an email address in anyone's name they want to. There is nothing to stop someone from doing that.

Anyhow, I am not trying to discourage you from filing a police report. I definitely think you should. I hope the police do an investigation. Please keep us posted.

spydersilk

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

Guess I was under the assumption that to use Google wallet, the email address had to be under the name of the person on the bank account

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

Guess I was under the assumption that to use Google wallet, the email address had to be under the name of the person on the bank account
Ok then, that is different if you have to have a verified bank account to use Google wallet. I don't use Google wallet so I don't know much about it. I know with paypal you never want to gift money in a situation like this because that will leave you with no recourse.

spydersilk

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

OP updated as the Google plus page has been closed or deleted. Also added screensh ot of Google wallet transaction with email redacted.

spydersilk

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

If I end up getting my money back from the bank tomorrow I will let this thread die (as much as I don't want to), but for now, here are some more updates (updates are in RED).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm