Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droidguy1990 is a scammer -Refund received

FINAL UPDATE:
    Received the following from Google Wallet this morning (I don't know if this refund was actually refunded by Toni Saccente, or if it was because I had filed a claim with my bank and they contacted Google and it was Google Wallet that issued the refund. Either way, I got my money back.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Droidguy1990 is a scammer -Refund received-1388413462197.jpg  
    Last edited by spydersilk; 12-30-2013 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Removed personal information - again.

Default Re: Droidguy1990 is a scammer

I checked out the tracking number and it says it was delivered in Salt Lake on the 15th? Was that not to you? Or did you get the package and it wasn't the phone? I mean, I understand that he stopped talking to you, but what happened once you got the package?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I don't live in Salt Lake City Utah. I live in Florida. My address was given to him two separate times, once through the Google wallet payment and also through the PM here on Android central. It is shown above in my message
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

No package was ever sent to me.

Quote Originally Posted by spydersilk View Post
    No package was ever sent to me.
    I wonder if it's true about the physician's assistant job. I know other sociopaths where I am that work in similar jobs, and emergency care.

This sucks, spydersilk, I'm sorry this happened. Hopefully you can get him to take responsibility.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

Sorry to hear about this. You can sue him in small claims court in your county, but you have to serve him wherever he lives/works and that costs money to do. Then when you get a judgment against him, you have to spend money to try to levy against assets/garnish wages.

I have never used Google wallet for something like this. Thanks for the heads up; it sounds like Google wallet should be avoided for these types of merchandise transactions.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    I wonder if it's true about the physician's assistant job. I know other sociopaths where I am that work in similar jobs, and emergency care.

This sucks, spydersilk, I'm sorry this happened. Hopefully you can get him to take responsibility.

I looked his last name up and there is no physician assistant with that last name in the state of Florida.
    Funny, that was another thing I noticed that made me suspicious

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by DayThyme View Post
    Sorry to hear about this. You can sue him in small claims court in your county, but you have to serve him wherever he lives/works and that costs money to do. Then when you get a judgment against him, you have to spend money to try to levy against assets/garnish wages.

I have never used Google wallet for something like this. Thanks for the heads up; it sounds like Google wallet should be avoided for these types of merchandise transactions.
    At this point, I am fine if he were to get charged. 300 and above is a felony. I spoke with a detective in Cape Coral. If I don't get my money back, so be it.
    Sad thing is that the money was sent to his wife, so I think she would be the one getting in trouble. Kind of threw her under the bus

I looked his last name up and there is no physician assistant with that last name in the state of Florida.
    Funny, that was another thing I noticed that made me suspicious

You should pursue this if you have the time and energy. I'm sure he'll move on to bigger and more profitable crimes if he has the chance.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

You should pursue this if you have the time and energy. I'm sure he'll move on to bigger and more profitable crimes if he has the chance.

I'm definitely trying. I was told by the Cape Coral police that I need to file police report in Manatee County where I live, then they have to forward it down to Lee County.
    I was concerned that only being 350 she would brush it off, but she seemed legitimately interested in looking in to it for me.

Thanked by:

I'm definitely trying. I was told by the Cape Coral police that I need to file police report in Manatee County where I live, then they have to forward it down to Lee County.
    I was concerned that only being 350 she would brush it off, but she seemed legitimately interested in looking in to it for me.

That's good. What's 350?

Edit: Oh, the price. I see. Still, not peanuts

At this point, I am fine if he were to get charged. 300 and above is a felony. I spoke with a detective in Cape Coral. If I don't get my money back, so be it.
    Even if the police would investigate the case, the chance that a DA would pursue charges for this is slim.

Sad thing is that the money was sent to his wife, so I think she would be the one getting in trouble.
    Not based on the facts you have put forth.

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the reality is that police departments and district attorneys do not have the resources to go after every craig's list scammer out there. They don't even have the resources to keep us safe from violent crimes.

Civil court is going to be your best option, but it is expensive.

They can't do anything to discourage people from filing police reports and if they did, they would lose their jobs. And I think you absolutely should file one as you need to in order to pursue a civil case.

But the chance that the police are going to do much of an investigation is slim. I wish I were wrong, but it is the reality.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Even if the police would investigate the case, the chance that a DA would pursue charges for this is slim.

Not based on the facts you have put forth.

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the reality is that police departments and district attorneys do not have the resources to go after every craig's list scammer out there. They don't even have the resources to keep us safe from violent crimes.

Civil court is going to be your best option, but it is expensive.

For the most part I agree, and I have, as much as it aggravates me, realized nothing will happen to him.
    As for her, to me it seems clear she is just as much a part of it as he. I have requested my money back through her email address and have not gotten any response. Either he is deleting them before she sees them, or she knows what he did and is OK with it

Either he is deleting them before she sees them, or she knows what he did and is OK with it
    Anyone can set up an email address in anyone's name they want to. There is nothing to stop someone from doing that.

Anyhow, I am not trying to discourage you from filing a police report. I definitely think you should. I hope the police do an investigation. Please keep us posted.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Guess I was under the assumption that to use Google wallet, the email address had to be under the name of the person on the bank account

Guess I was under the assumption that to use Google wallet, the email address had to be under the name of the person on the bank account
    Ok then, that is different if you have to have a verified bank account to use Google wallet. I don't use Google wallet so I don't know much about it. I know with paypal you never want to gift money in a situation like this because that will leave you with no recourse.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

OP updated as the Google plus page has been closed or deleted. Also added screensh ot of Google wallet transaction with email redacted.

OP updated as the Google plus page has been closed or deleted. Also added screensh ot of Google wallet transaction with email redacted.
    I guess he doesn't want his next victims forewarned.

20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

If I end up getting my money back from the bank tomorrow I will let this thread die (as much as I don't want to), but for now, here are some more updates (updates are in RED).

If I end up getting my money back from the bank tomorrow I will let this thread die (as much as I don't want to), but for now, here are some more updates (updates are in RED).
    So your bank is going to refund you the money?
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

So your bank is going to refund you the money?
    They are going to refund the money in 1-2 business days, however the catch is, and it seems that the seller was probably aware of this considering his insistence on using Google wallet over PayPal, the bank will dispute the charge with the MERCHANT and they have 45-90 days to show I was in the wrong. The MERCHANT isn't Toni Saccente or Mark Saccente in this case, the MERCHANT is Google. Of course Google isn't going to refund the money, they are just the middle man. So I may get my money back now, but after that time period, the money can still be taken back

Thanked by:

that sucks. I hope it works out. If it doesn't, I hope you will continue to warn others about the dangers of using Google wallet.

They are going to refund the money in 1-2 business days, however the catch is, and it seems that the seller was probably aware of this considering his insistence on using Google wallet over PayPal, the bank will dispute the charge with the MERCHANT and they have 45-90 days to show I was in the wrong. The MERCHANT isn't Toni Saccente or Mark Saccente in this case, the MERCHANT is Google. Of course Google isn't going to refund the money, they are just the middle man. So I may get my money back now, but after that time period, the money can still be taken back

I hope you get your money back. Are you sure the merchant is Google Wallet and not the hustler?

25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

I hope you get your money back. Are you sure the merchant is Google Wallet and not the hustler?

Yes, I asked the claims person who they would be contacting and they specifically said Google.

Thanked by:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast