1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HELP! Dropped my Nexus 7 and now it won't turn on?

I dropped my Nexus 7 and now it has a crack on the top right corner of the screen and now it won't turn on. The damage doesn't look TOO extensive, though, so I opened it up and checked the inside. There seems to be no internal damage, and I made sure the battery was plugged in nice and tight. But it still won't turn on! I tried to charge it, but the screen will only flicker on and off. Is there anything I can do? Surely it can't be completely broken, it was just one drop that only damaged part of the screen...

Global Posts
    6,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: HELP! Dropped my Nexus 7 and now it won't turn on?

I'm no double E but it sounds like it may need to go back to Asus for repair. Could be a severed soldering point or a small crack in circuit boards. When/if you are able to get it repaired it may not be a terrible idea to think about considering a case.
    Live long and prosper.

Default Re: HELP! Dropped my Nexus 7 and now it won't turn on?

Quote Originally Posted by too lame to come up with a good username View Post
    I dropped my Nexus 7 and now it has a crack on the top right corner of the screen and now it won't turn on. The damage doesn't look TOO extensive, though, so I opened it up and checked the inside. There seems to be no internal damage, and I made sure the battery was plugged in nice and tight. But it still won't turn on! I tried to charge it, but the screen will only flicker on and off. Is there anything I can do? Surely it can't be completely broken, it was just one drop that only damaged part of the screen...
    Why did you go naked?

Posted via Android Central App