What's the closest thing to a nexus 8?

barth2

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
So I got my sis a nexus 7 and now have android fever. I think 7 is a tiny bit cramped and I'd like to go 8. But my options seem limited. Lg pad and Samsung Galaxy or note are too expensive. Then there are the el cheapo ones but they have low dpi and below avg battery life.

Is there a. Nexus 7 like option in term of price and quality in the 8" size?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
LG GPad Google edition. You'll just have to spend that money. Unless it has unlocked bootloader and proper fastboot implementation, it does not quality as a Nexus to me. And Android Police did an article on Google Edition device and only the LG devices sold on Playstore implemented it correctly. It's worth getting it for that reason.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
LG GPad Google edition. You'll just have to spend that money. Unless it has unlocked bootloader and proper fastboot implementation, it does not quality as a Nexus to me. And Android Police did an article on this that only the LG devices sold on Playstore does implemented it correct. It's worth getting it for that reason.

Yup...if what you're looking for is an ~8" tab that's as close to N7 as possible, the LG GPad Google Ed. is the way to go.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om/us/?playredirect=true&hl=en&token=zo_5vkxW

Cost a bit more, but it appears to be a bit more robust than the N7. It's a shame that it only comes in a 16GB model (I think?), but at least it does have SD card support, which typical "Nexus" devices do not.

barth2

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Alas I just don't want to spend that much money. I already have an iPad 3 and can't justify paying $350 plus tax for a second tablet.

Maybe next year :)

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The Dell Venue 8 has decent specs, runs near stock Android, and costs $179/$199 for 16/32 GB. It is not as good as a G Pad 8.3 GPe, and how quick updates will come is an unknown. But if you want a quality 8" Android tablet with decent specs at a decent price, it is the best option.

Posted via Android Central App

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Alas I just don't want to spend that much money. I already have an iPad 3 and can't justify paying $350 plus tax for a second tablet.

Maybe next year :)

But you spent how much on the ipad 3?

Euan Tan

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
So I got my sis a nexus 7 and now have android fever. I think 7 is a tiny bit cramped and I'd like to go 8. But my options seem limited. Lg pad and Samsung Galaxy or note are too expensive. Then there are the el cheapo ones but they have low dpi and below avg battery life.

Is there a. Nexus 7 like option in term of price and quality in the 8" size?

Thanks

Two nexus 4s look
In all seriousness LG Gpad is the closest thing Nexus 8 but it might be a bit too expensive

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech