BlackBerry User Thinking of Upgrading...

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I think the Moto X was the phone I tried using in the Target mobile store. I liked that the keyboard went to landscape mode, so I made (maybe?) less mistakes. Are there any rumours of the "next" Moto X device coming out? I'm always a little nervous that if I upgrade to a phone that might be a little older than the newer ones out there, that if something happens to it, I'd kind of be stuck. But if I really like the phone, and can get updates for it, then it probably won't matter. :)

I'm really confused. I'd like even a Windows 8 device but they don't have BBM and I'm a little nervous about (admittedly) going to that platform. I think Android will give me a little more customization. I think what I'll do is pick one Android device I really like and then one Windows 8 device (Lumia 920) and see them both in the store and see what happens. The Moto X sounds pretty good! :)

The Moto X just came out (3-4 months) so the next one is a long time away. Probably next fall :\

Posted via Android Central App

phoneaddict78

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I think you'll be very happy with your Android! I always put SwiftKey on and Nova launcher. I think you'll like Android's native app store and huge selection of phones.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

DINGSTER1

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Came from the z10 to the Note 3. Small hands, phone is not unwieldy for me, female.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm also a Blackberry person (Bold 9930). I also love the LED notifications on my phone. Nice just to look at the LED and know exactly what notification you have waiting for you according to the color you have selected for what type of notification. I also have been looking at the Android system. In fact, I just purchased my first table.....a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1. I'm not getting any younger (60+ years) and I need a bigger screen for these tired old eyes. LOL! I'm probably going to switched from the Blackberry family to either an HTC One or a Samsung Galaxy 4 phone. Checking them out to see what meets my needs and then I'll go from there. My contract is not up until March 2014 so I have some time to shop around and decide. My boyfriend has the HTC One and loves it. I've been playing around with it and I like what it does and it's working for my needs....but time will tell. Good luck to you!!

srmurray1

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
This is a nice thread. I am also a BB user and have a 9930. Probably going to an HTC One next month. I am on Sprint so the only BB10 available is the Q10. I have done a lot of research and think it has all of the features I want. It does have a led notification light in the speaker grill. This was important to me also. I will miss my BB but want to dive in with both feet and try something new. When I get my new phone, are the guides in the forum a good place to start? I know lots of things have changed with OS updates. Thanks!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
This is a nice thread. I am also a BB user and have a 9930. Probably going to an HTC One next month. I am on Sprint so the only BB10 available is the Q10. I have done a lot of research and think it has all of the features I want. It does have a led notification light in the speaker grill. This was important to me also. I will miss my BB but want to dive in with both feet and try something new. When I get my new phone, are the guides in the forum a good place to start? I know lots of things have changed with OS updates. Thanks!

Yes, most FAQ can be answered by checking out guides and any stickies that might be in your phone's forum. If you have any additional questions don't be afraid to ask :)

phoneaddict78

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

HTC one is a good phone. You might also wanna look at an LG g2 also it has a bigger processor and battery.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

pgg101

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I was debating between upgrading to a Z10 or Q10. The keyboard experience on the Q10 is amazing! It also predicts what words you will say (i.e. whenever I type "Pretty," "Little" and "Liars" come up next... This phone knows me ;)), and I enjoy watching the flicking that Z10 users can do. I was even thinking about the Z30 but it will probably be way too big for me. The Q10 is even a little big, but I really enjoy the enlarged keyboard. Have you upgraded to any of the new leaks yet? I wait until they're official before I download... But I seem to be in the minority here. ;)

I thought the big 5" device would be hard to hold and use, but after a few days, I got comfortable with it.

I did upgrade to the latest leak on my Z30 (Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925). So far so good. I installed the Amazon App Market and the SNAP/Google Play client, and they work perfectly. I did have 1Mobile, but the app quality control is terrible as its littered with bogus apps. Google Play is better, but I prefer Amazon App Market as its the closest to BlackBerry World in terms of quality control.

In terms of the leaked OS, I think it's good to go. I do like how the Share function now includes Android apps that are not officially downloaded from BBW. Overall, the Android runtime is better integrated in 10.2.1.

Posted via Android Central App on BlackBerry Z30

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

I came from the Q10 and I love my note 3. 😊😃

stratct

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
If you are used to BlackBerry I think you will find it refreshing to switch to Android. I'd suggest a note 3 if your the business kind of guy. As I assume you are...hence the BlackBerry

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
If you are used to BlackBerry I think you will find it refreshing to switch to Android. I'd suggest a note 3 if your the business kind of guy. As I assume you are...hence the BlackBerry

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

Firstly, I am a girl! :) Lol.
I really like the customization of BlackBerry. I've been attracted to the HTC One as of late. I saw it at a kiosk today and was fantasizing about it lying on a table or something (I'm really weird). LOL. I'm still really hesitant because of the security issues I've heard. But I'm not really a huge broswing person, and I can definitely download an anti-virus if need be.

For those of you who have the HTC One: What is texting like in general? I might re-read this entire thread because I don't want to re-ask the same questions about LED's, etc. And I plan on watching an HTC One unboxing/reviews videos so I can also see a hands-on view of it.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Firstly, I am a girl! :) Lol.
I really like the customization of BlackBerry. I've been attracted to the HTC One as of late. I saw it at a kiosk today and was fantasizing about it lying on a table or something (I'm really weird). LOL. I'm still really hesitant because of the security issues I've heard. But I'm not really a huge broswing person, and I can definitely download an anti-virus if need be.

For those of you who have the HTC One: What is texting like in general? I might re-read this entire thread because I don't want to re-ask the same questions about LED's, etc. And I plan on watching an HTC One unboxing/reviews videos so I can also see a hands-on view of it.

So....it's lying on a table and you do what,hump it? Lol,sorry couldn't resist.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams