Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default HP Slate 21

    Anyone have an HP Slate 21 that they'd like to review?

    I'm seriously considering purchasing the Slate 21 because I want a giant Android tablet. The Slate 21 is the closest thing I can think of when it comes to Android on a 21+ inch touch device. Mostly I want to use it for gaming - the bigger the better - and two player co-op games would work fantastic on a huge tablet.

    So anyone with experience with the Slate 21?
  2. #2  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    2,688 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,693 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

    Default Re: HP Slate 21

    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude074 View Post
    Anyone have an HP Slate 21 that they'd like to review?

    I'm seriously considering purchasing the Slate 21 because I want a giant Android tablet. The Slate 21 is the closest thing I can think of when it comes to Android on a 21+ inch touch device. Mostly I want to use it for gaming - the bigger the better - and two player co-op games would work fantastic on a huge tablet.

    So anyone with experience with the Slate 21?
    They had it at my near-by electronics store. I mean, it's ok. It's basically an AIO PC running Android.

    It's a similar experience to this: Amazon.com: Acer DA220HQL 21.5-Inch All-in-One Touchscreen Desktop (Black): Electronics

    but with better specs.
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

    "If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

    "The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: HP Slate 21

    Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    They had it at my near-by electronics store. I mean, it's ok. It's basically an AIO PC running Android.

    It's a similar experience to this: Amazon.com: Acer DA220HQL 21.5-Inch All-in-One Touchscreen Desktop (Black): Electronics

    but with better specs.
    Yes, I've been checking out the Acer as well. The HP seems like the better deal, because it comes with the Tegra 4 for $100 more which is well worth the price difference.

    In any case I've decided I won't be purchasing either of these because the screens only support 2-point touch, which makes it moot for multiplayer gaming on one device. That's a real shame because Android could really be onto something if they offered something like a 27 inch 10-point touch Android monitor/tablet that you could lay flat and play games on. Board games and party games would be a hoot. I would gladly pay $500-$600 for something like that.
  4. #4  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    2,688 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,693 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

    Default Re: HP Slate 21

    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude074 View Post
    Yes, I've been checking out the Acer as well. The HP seems like the better deal, because it comes with the Tegra 4 for $100 more which is well worth the price difference.

    In any case I've decided I won't be purchasing either of these because the screens only support 2-point touch, which makes it moot for multiplayer gaming on one device. That's a real shame because Android could really be onto something if they offered something like a 27 inch 10-point touch Android monitor/tablet that you could lay flat and play games on. Board games and party games would be a hoot. I would gladly pay $500-$600 for something like that.
    You could try getting an android device and connecting it to a larger touch screen display.

    Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

    "If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

    "The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: HP Slate 21

    Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    You could try getting an android device and connecting it to a larger touch screen display.

    Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk
    I don't think touch screen monitors work with Android.
  6. #6  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    2,688 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,693 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

    Default Re: HP Slate 21

    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude074 View Post
    I don't think touch screen monitors work with Android.
    The possibilities with android are endless. You never know

    Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

    "If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

    "The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: HP Slate 21

    Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    The possibilities with android are endless. You never know

    Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk
    I'm 99% sure touchscreen monitors are only compatible with Windows 8 right now. Android and iOS are taking a backseat.

    Shame that Android as an operating system still can't be simply installed onto a PC. I've attempted to install Android onto virtual machines before with limited success. I could never get the internet to work on Android virtual machines and therefor couldn't install any apps from the Google Play Store.

    Otherwise I'd buy a Windows 8 AIO with a touchscreen monitor, dual-boot it with Android, and have my cake and eat it too.
  8. #8  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    2,688 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,693 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

    Default Re: HP Slate 21

    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude074 View Post
    I'm 99% sure touchscreen monitors are only compatible with Windows 8 right now. Android and iOS are taking a backseat.

    Shame that Android as an operating system still can't be simply installed onto a PC. I've attempted to install Android onto virtual machines before with limited success. I could never get the internet to work on Android virtual machines and therefor couldn't install any apps from the Google Play Store.

    Otherwise I'd buy a Windows 8 AIO with a touchscreen monitor, dual-boot it with Android, and have my cake and eat it too.

    I have android 4.3 running on a virtual machine just fine on virtualbox by oracle. although not with a touch screen, it works just fine with a mouse.
    you could probably dual boot android and windows just like you could with linux and windows.

    Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

    "If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

    "The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: HP Slate 21

    Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    I have android 4.3 running on a virtual machine just fine on virtualbox by oracle. although not with a touch screen, it works just fine with a mouse.
    you could probably dual boot android and windows just like you could with linux and windows.

    Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk
    When you say "just fine" do you mean it runs as smoothly as it would on an actual device? I also use VirtualBox by Oracle. The performance was really slow and glitchy if I recall, and I was running 4.1 back then.
  10. #10  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    2,688 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,693 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

    Default Re: HP Slate 21

    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude074 View Post
    When you say "just fine" do you mean it runs as smoothly as it would on an actual device? I also use VirtualBox by Oracle. The performance was really slow and glitchy if I recall, and I was running 4.1 back then.
    Yeah smooth.
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

    "If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

    "The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: Yesterday, 07:32 AM
  2. HP rumored to unveil large-screen Android handsets this month
    By meashish in forum Rumored Devices Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-24-2013, 04:17 AM
  3. Slate 8 pro: rootable, fast, a chunky monkey, though.
    By roustabout in forum HP Slate 8 Pro
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-17-2013, 06:44 AM
  4. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-22-2013, 07:22 AM
  5. HP Chomebook 11 sales halted?
    By Ry in forum HP Chromebook 11
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-14-2013, 01:52 PM

Posting Permissions

B