I Wish Google Would Fix The Broken Contacts Sync

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting kind of tired of having to whack two services and their data, stop sync, reboot the phone, and restart sync every time contact data changes, just to stop Google Services from killing my battery.

Oh yeah: Then I have to re-do all my direct dial widgets. Grrr...

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
What phone is this? I've never seen this...
Mine's an HTC Sensation 4G, running 4.0.3, but many people have experienced the problem. Search on "Google Services battery" or "Google Play Services battery". It's a relatively well-known problem.

I made a change to my contacts the other day and, subsequently, Google Services dominated my battery consumption each day follpwing. Last night I performed one of the "cleansing" procedures and today Google Services doesn't even show on the list. Google Play Services is at the bottom of the list.

One thread I came across implied Google's aware of the problem, but, for whatever reason(s), has not chosen to fix it.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Mine's an HTC Sensation 4G, running 4.0.3, but many people have experienced the problem. Search on "Google Services battery" or "Google Play Services battery". It's a relatively well-known problem.

I made a change to my contacts the other day and, subsequently, Google Services dominated my battery consumption each day follpwing. Last night I performed one of the "cleansing" procedures and today Google Services doesn't even show on the list. Google Play Services is at the bottom of the list.

One thread I came across implied Google's aware of the problem, but, for whatever reason(s), has not chosen to fix it.

Turning off location access seems to fix the issue most of the time

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech