use rooted s4 to control jailbroken ipad. (google play music)

LeRoy Simmons

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know how I could use my phone as a remote control for my ipad? All I want to do is be able to to acess music controls like volume up/down play/pause and next. There is an app called tango remote app on the app store that does this but is no where in google play.

Posted via Android Central App

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I know how to do it between Android devices, but harder to do with Apple closed nature. On Android, I can run CheapCast on one Android device, and use a different Android to cast Play Music to it, but there are other ways as well. DroidMote is one app that let one Android control another.

On iOS, instead of Google Music, you could use Plex. It involved some work. Set up the Plex Media Server on your PC and add music to the library. Buy Plex on Android and iOS, this will be $10 total. On iOS set Plex to act as Google TV, then use the Android Plex to cast the music to the iOS Plex, but in actuality it will steam the music from your Plex server.

Or maybe you can use TeamViewer from Android to remote desktop to iOS's TeamViewer QuickSupport. Probably not practical.

I have no experience with jailbroken iOS so maybe it have lots more options.

LeRoy Simmons

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Plex does work across os. I can get my music to play from iPad to phone but I can't get it to play from phone to iPad. I'll just have to mess with settings

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia