Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By draconianchaos
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default What Quad Core Phones Under $250 work on Metro PCS 4G?

    I'm looking into getting a new phone, I have metro pcs however I'm not happy with there line of phones. I'd like a Quad Core Phone. I currently have the Nexus 4 but it's starting to die on me so I need to get a new phone. I was looking in to Blu Products Phones
    but I'm not sure which works on Metro PCS 4G. Any good phones I can possibly buy on ebay (Donesn't matter if it's used) that are quad core with decent specs that will work on Metro PCS 4G?? Or possibly really good dual core phones that work on Metro PCS 4G?
  2. #2  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FiretoFlames View Post
    I'm looking into getting a new phone, I have metro pcs however I'm not happy with there line of phones. I'd like a Quad Core Phone. I currently have the Nexus 4 but it's starting to die on me so I need to get a new phone. I was looking in to Blu Products Phones
    but I'm not sure which works on Metro PCS 4G. Any good phones I can possibly buy on ebay (Donesn't matter if it's used) that are quad core with decent specs that will work on Metro PCS 4G?? Or possibly really good dual core phones that work on Metro PCS 4G?
    Nope, nope, nope for Metro 4G. They are CDMA. If you have a nexus 4, that's means you are on T-Mobile network, as T-Mobile bought MetroPCS a while back. If you want quad core you are out of luck as the nexus 5 is the only phone that comes close to your budget and is quadcore.

    EDIT: The blue life play comes less than $250 you could try that but you would have limited coverage dues to the 1900 MHz band it supports unless you are in a T-Mobile refarmed cell area you would only get 2G.

    Posted Via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App
  3. #3  

    Default Re: What Quad Core Phones Under $250 work on Metro PCS 4G?

    What do you mean by dying on you, is it a hardware problem? With the N4 you can unlock the bootloader and flash LTE radio, at least hardware wise that should make it compatible with MetroPCS LTE. This is the best option.

    I don't see it wise going from a Nexus to something like a Blue budget phone. The closest step up is the Nexus 5.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: What Quad Core Phones Under $250 work on Metro PCS 4G?

    Well the main problem is my ear speaker is giving me issues. It works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. It's annoying since I don't always have a headset and I don't wanna put it on speaker so everyone can hear my conversation. I do like the nexus 5 very much but I don't really wanna spend the $350. I'd like to find a decent phone with good specs for $250 or under. I'm just looking for something that's unlocked that will work on Metro PCS 4G so I browse the web at decent speeds.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: What Quad Core Phones Under $250 work on Metro PCS 4G?

    Quote Originally Posted by FiretoFlames View Post
    Well the main problem is my ear speaker is giving me issues. It works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. It's annoying since I don't always have a headset and I don't wanna put it on speaker so everyone can hear my conversation. I do like the nexus 5 very much but I don't really wanna spend the $350. I'd like to find a decent phone with good specs for $250 or under. I'm just looking for something that's unlocked that will work on Metro PCS 4G so I browse the web at decent speeds.
    Moto G?

    Posted Via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: What Quad Core Phones Under $250 work on Metro PCS 4G?

    The moto g looks great but no 4G =( only 3G and 2G
  7. #7  

    Default Re: What Quad Core Phones Under $250 work on Metro PCS 4G?

    Quote Originally Posted by FiretoFlames View Post
    The moto g looks great but no 4G =( only 3G and 2G
    You'll be fine. 3G for tmobile is 4G (HSPA+). That's what the nexus 4 4g is Hspa+, the same speeds the moto G can get.

    Posted Via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App
  8. #8  

    Default Re: What Quad Core Phones Under $250 work on Metro PCS 4G?

    Actually if memory serves me correctly the Moto G is only 21mbps hspa+ while the Nexus 4 is 42mbps hspa+ so in theory the Nexus 4 allows for faster speeds.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  9. #9  

    Default Re: What Quad Core Phones Under $250 work on Metro PCS 4G?

    Its dual core, not quad, but you can pick up a decent Galaxy S3 used for that price.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: What Quad Core Phones Under $250 work on Metro PCS 4G?

    Quote Originally Posted by draconianchaos View Post
    Actually if memory serves me correctly the Moto G is only 21mbps hspa+ while the Nexus 4 is 42mbps hspa+ so in theory the Nexus 4 allows for faster speeds.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Still good speeds.

    Posted Via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App
  11. #11  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,179 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,186 Global Posts

    Default Re: What Quad Core Phones Under $250 work on Metro PCS 4G?

    Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    Its dual core, not quad, but you can pick up a decent Galaxy S3 used for that price.
    But.. SPECS!

    Posted via Android Central App
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  12. #12  

    Default Re: What Quad Core Phones Under $250 work on Metro PCS 4G?

    MOAR SPECS NEID QWAWD COAR 4 FAICBUK!

    Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using AC Forums mobile app.
    Thanked by:
    Ry likes this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: What Quad Core Phones Under $250 work on Metro PCS 4G?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    But.. SPECS!

    Posted via Android Central App
    Sorry, my mistake.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: What Quad Core Phones Under $250 work on Metro PCS 4G?

    Lol your apologizing for suggesting what by all rights is a great phone.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  15. #15  

    Default Re: What Quad Core Phones Under $250 work on Metro PCS 4G?



    Do a Google search next time.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: What Quad Core Phones Under $250 work on Metro PCS 4G?

    Quote Originally Posted by draconianchaos View Post
    Lol your apologizing for suggesting what by all rights is a great phone.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    I know it doesn't come through over the internet, but that was an apology with a very large side of sarcasm.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: What Quad Core Phones Under $250 work on Metro PCS 4G?

    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude074 View Post


    Do a Google search next time.
    Except that what you linked is not at all an answer to the question. He didn't ask which ones Metro PCS themselves sell, he wants to know which ones will work. Now that Metro PCS also opperates on T-Mobile's network, you can activate any phone that would work on T-Mobile on Metro PCS so long as it is unlocked. This means any T-Mobile phone, any AT&T phone (so long as you live in a reframed area), and many, many phones sold unlocked.

Similar Threads

  1. 4.4.2 data not working
    By csys31179 in forum Sprint Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-30-2013, 11:40 AM
  2. Installing Jellybean 4.3 on GTI9300T
    By LovelyGyrl in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-29-2013, 10:58 AM
  3. Apps installed automatically on my Android devices
    By PlayForever8 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-29-2013, 10:35 AM
  4. No data on rooted 4.4.2
    By csys31179 in forum Sprint Galaxy S3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-28-2013, 05:15 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-28-2013, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

B