Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm just curious: How often do you use a case on your phone/tablet? Is your device always clothed, or only when you go out? Or is it always naked? If you have a phone and a tablet, do you keep one device clothed but not the other? Tell me what device(s) you have and how often you keep them in a case.

sauce_a_poutine

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Screen is bare, no plastic. I still use a case though. I'm using a Incipio Duo. Much less cumbersome than the Otterbox Defender I had on my last phone...

Harvinder Sunila

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Always naked...personally I think if the designers have spent all that time designing the phone that way, then that's how I should appreciate it's looks. I understand people want to protect their phones from damage, each to their own and all that, but for me ?...nah. I like the way my Moto G looks...I don't want to cover it up.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I keep my phone naked. I have my Nexus 7 in a case, but that is for the kickstand and to protect it when my toddler uses it.

Posted via Android Central App

Foramex

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm just curious: How often do you use a case on your phone/tablet? Is your device always clothed, or only when you go out? Or is it always naked? If you have a phone and a tablet, do you keep one device clothed but not the other? Tell me what device(s) you have and how often you keep them in a case.
My tablet is in a case, since it's kind of slippery and I'm worried about breaking it.
My LG G2 is also in a case. After I bought a phone for 500$, I don't want to get cheap for a 1$ case you know what I mean?

RobAl33

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, first post!!!

I've had my galaxy s2 for two years, never bothered with a case, also never managed to scratch the screen. I've found the phone very durable, it's even had a few scary drops.

undulose

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I have a Nexus 7 2013 and bought a Moko leather case/stand with autowake and autosleep features so I can make it stand when watching movies. I recently added a matte-type screen protector by BodyGuardz since I had noticed a few but almost invisible scratches on my device. I like it naked whenever I'm playing games but I bought a BodyGuardz Armor Carbon-Fiber skin since I noticed a few scratches on its back (and it's carbon fiber guys, light but strong).

For my daily driver, my Lumia 1520 has a matte-type screen protector too (which seems durable) to prevent scratches. I also bought a Nillkin hard back cover which I only put on whenever I am going to sleep or visiting our mine site. It doesn't feel slippery and it feeks very thin and light without a cover, just like my Nexus tablet.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 (RM-937 Malaysia) using Tapatalk

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
No. I normally resell my devices and I like knowing that I took care of the device. With that said I dont go getting the thickest case either! Some happy medium only. :)

Geodude074

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I had a case for my Nexus 10, but I found out it added extra heft and just got in the way 99% of the time so I got rid of it.

I have a leather and matte case for my white Nexus 5, but only because it needed the extra grip.

I've had smart phones for years now and I've never dropped and broken one yet. Cases aren't necessary for me.

Isc73

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I tried cases on my note 3 and iPhone 5 but I always end up stripping them down. I'm very careful with my devices and hey if I'm going to buy on of the thinnest phones in the world, why fatten that baby up?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I have used cases for my S3 and Galaxy Mega when I had them and was fine as the gloss plastic not that I didn't like it just for the fingerprints got annoying cleaning it lol but as for my Note 3 I wouldn't bother with a case and would be wrong to cover up what I like and that is the style and of course the faux leather doesn't attract em annoying fingerprints.

Posted via Android Central App

pgg101

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Usually kept in a holster or breast pocket. Screen protector, no case.

Posted via Android Central App on BlackBerry Z30

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I keep my N5 naked unless I am going out for a night at the bars. Inebriated me is not as careful with my phone as sober me is. And in any sense really, better safe than sorry, I have yet to come across a case I truly enjoy the fit/feel of, if that happens I would gladly keep it on at all times.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I always use my phone (Note 2) naked, no case or screen protector. During transport though it goes inside a Monaco vertical type leather pouch that clips inside my pants/shorts pocket (or sometimes on outside of pocket sitting vertical). Only exception to that is when the phone is in the car navigation mount.

View attachment 99748

For my tablet (Note 10.1), it's always in a Belkin Cinema Leather Folio case (although it rarely leaves the house). Use it primarily to prop up the tablet during use.

View attachment 99747

I love that sleeve. I should get one for my Note 3 as I prefer it naked.

I do use a folding cover with my Nexus 7 which I find adequate.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Google_Superuser

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Probably going naked with my Z Ultra. The only decent case...one that provides any actual protection is the incipio dualpro and it uses the kind of gummy silicon that collects pocket lint.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol