Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is Your Device NAKED?

I'm just curious: How often do you use a case on your phone/tablet? Is your device always clothed, or only when you go out? Or is it always naked? If you have a phone and a tablet, do you keep one device clothed but not the other? Tell me what device(s) you have and how often you keep them in a case.

Default Re: Is Your Device NAKED?

Nope. My Galaxy S3 is pretty much always in a case.

Sent from my out-of-this-world Galaxy S3

Screen is bare, no plastic. I still use a case though. I'm using a Incipio Duo. Much less cumbersome than the Otterbox Defender I had on my last phone...
    "All information is imperfect. We have to treat it with humility."
    - The Ascent of man.
    J. Bronowsky.

Always naked...personally I think if the designers have spent all that time designing the phone that way, then that's how I should appreciate it's looks. I understand people want to protect their phones from damage, each to their own and all that, but for me ?...nah. I like the way my Moto G looks...I don't want to cover it up.

I keep my phone naked. I have my Nexus 7 in a case, but that is for the kickstand and to protect it when my toddler uses it.

Posted via Android Central App

Iphone 5s naked. iPad's in a folio, but more to serve as a kickstand. No screen protectors either.

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by too lame to come up with a good username View Post
    I'm just curious: How often do you use a case on your phone/tablet? Is your device always clothed, or only when you go out? Or is it always naked? If you have a phone and a tablet, do you keep one device clothed but not the other? Tell me what device(s) you have and how often you keep them in a case.
    My tablet is in a case, since it's kind of slippery and I'm worried about breaking it.
    My LG G2 is also in a case. After I bought a phone for 500$, I don't want to get cheap for a 1$ case you know what I mean?
    Proud LG G2 Owner!

Hi all, first post!!!

I've had my galaxy s2 for two years, never bothered with a case, also never managed to scratch the screen. I've found the phone very durable, it's even had a few scary drops.

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

I have a Nexus 7 2013 and bought a Moko leather case/stand with autowake and autosleep features so I can make it stand when watching movies. I recently added a matte-type screen protector by BodyGuardz since I had noticed a few but almost invisible scratches on my device. I like it naked whenever I'm playing games but I bought a BodyGuardz Armor Carbon-Fiber skin since I noticed a few scratches on its back (and it's carbon fiber guys, light but strong).

For my daily driver, my Lumia 1520 has a matte-type screen protector too (which seems durable) to prevent scratches. I also bought a Nillkin hard back cover which I only put on whenever I am going to sleep or visiting our mine site. It doesn't feel slippery and it feeks very thin and light without a cover, just like my Nexus tablet.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 (RM-937 Malaysia) using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

No. I normally resell my devices and I like knowing that I took care of the device. With that said I dont go getting the thickest case either! Some happy medium only.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!

I had a case for my Nexus 10, but I found out it added extra heft and just got in the way 99% of the time so I got rid of it.

I have a leather and matte case for my white Nexus 5, but only because it needed the extra grip.

I've had smart phones for years now and I've never dropped and broken one yet. Cases aren't necessary for me.

I tried cases on my note 3 and iPhone 5 but I always end up stripping them down. I'm very careful with my devices and hey if I'm going to buy on of the thinnest phones in the world, why fatten that baby up?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

My Nexus 5 has a on full time, even while at at home.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

I have used cases for my S3 and Galaxy Mega when I had them and was fine as the gloss plastic not that I didn't like it just for the fingerprints got annoying cleaning it lol but as for my Note 3 I wouldn't bother with a case and would be wrong to cover up what I like and that is the style and of course the faux leather doesn't attract em annoying fingerprints.

Posted via Android Central App

I only undress it at night while in bed.

I always use my phone (Note 2) naked, no case or screen protector. During transport though it goes inside a Monaco vertical type leather pouch that clips inside my pants/shorts pocket (or sometimes on outside of pocket sitting vertical). Only exception to that is when the phone is in the car navigation mount.

Is Your Device NAKED?-3108bwy0gel.jpg

For my tablet (Note 10.1), it's always in a Belkin Cinema Leather Folio case (although it rarely leaves the house). Use it primarily to prop up the tablet during use.

Is Your Device NAKED?-71tqwavpxol._sy355_.jpg

Mine was.. Until it hit the Concrete and busted the LCD,
    Now I keep my S4 in a case

Global Posts
    548 Global Posts

Usually kept in a holster or breast pocket. Screen protector, no case.

Posted via Android Central App on BlackBerry Z30

I keep my N5 naked unless I am going out for a night at the bars. Inebriated me is not as careful with my phone as sober me is. And in any sense really, better safe than sorry, I have yet to come across a case I truly enjoy the fit/feel of, if that happens I would gladly keep it on at all times.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    College student that spends far too much money on phones.

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    I always use my phone (Note 2) naked, no case or screen protector. During transport though it goes inside a Monaco vertical type leather pouch that clips inside my pants/shorts pocket (or sometimes on outside of pocket sitting vertical). Only exception to that is when the phone is in the car navigation mount.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3108Bwy0GeL.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	99748

For my tablet (Note 10.1), it's always in a Belkin Cinema Leather Folio case (although it rarely leaves the house). Use it primarily to prop up the tablet during use.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	71TqwAvpXOL._SY355_.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	99747

I love that sleeve. I should get one for my Note 3 as I prefer it naked.

I do use a folding cover with my Nexus 7 which I find adequate.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Synycalwon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Algus View Post
    I love that sleeve. I should get one for my Note 3 as I prefer it naked.

I do use a folding cover with my Nexus 7 which I find adequate.
    Got it from Wireless Ground, looks like they have the Note 3 version (link below) too.

Thanked by:
    Algus 

Probably going naked with my Z Ultra. The only decent case...one that provides any actual protection is the incipio dualpro and it uses the kind of gummy silicon that collects pocket lint.

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

I would like to have my Moto X naked, but since it's brand new I need to protect it...even if it means a darn case. My Nexus 7 has a case as well, but that's more for travel purposes.

Global Posts
    630 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.2.2 Tablet/4.3 Phone

Neither device I have is naked.

Samsung Galaxy S3 (4.3 OS)
    Screen Protector
    Vera Bradley Case in the Heather pattern made especially for the Samsung Galaxy S3 phones (New item that they've come out with. I found out about it on their web site. They're finally showing some love to the Samsung Android phones.)

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0")
    Screen Protector
    Black Case that I found out at the local Wal-Mart when I bought my tablet. Even though I keep it in my purse when I'm traveling, I feel better having a case on it versus leaving it without one.
    Cindy
    ---------------------------
    My Android Wallpapers Site
    http://cindysandroidwallpapers.wordpress.com/

Global Posts
    630 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.2.2 Tablet/4.3 Phone

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude074 View Post
    I had a case for my Nexus 10, but I found out it added extra heft and just got in the way 99% of the time so I got rid of it.

I have a leather and matte case for my white Nexus 5, but only because it needed the extra grip.

I've had smart phones for years now and I've never dropped and broken one yet. Cases aren't necessary for me.
    I know you have never dropped and broken one yet but a case would definitely be a great thing to have just in case something freaky happens and you end up dropping your phone. I'm just sayin'. I've had smartphones since February 1, 2007 and I've always had cases on my phones, The way that I look at it, with how much money I pay for the phone, the case and screen protector is just a little added peace of mind for me.

Just putting my two cents worth in here. Take it for what it's worth.
    Cindy
    ---------------------------
    My Android Wallpapers Site
    http://cindysandroidwallpapers.wordpress.com/
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast