Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jdevenberg
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Note 1 or HTC One X which one?

First off if there a lot of which one? threads I apologies ...I just cant decided on which one to buy . I was hoping more knowledgeable people here cold help me out with my decision...there both great phone my main thing is they are around my price range and they are 4G LTE and they both has good reviews

Thanks in advanced

Muelo

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: Samsung Note 1 or HTC One X which one?

For which carrier. I have the One X. It is a fantastic phone, but I miss the lack of expandable storage. That is my only gripe.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

Quote Originally Posted by muelo1000 View Post
    First off if there a lot of which one? threads I apologies ...I just cant decided on which one to buy . I was hoping more knowledgeable people here cold help me out with my decision...there both great phone my main thing is they are around my price range and they are 4G LTE and they both has good reviews

Thanks in advanced

Muelo
    It really depends on what you need. The One X is a newer phone and will likely be better supported for longer. The One X is the phone I would go with out of the two. I had an original Galaxy Note and it was a great device, but it is also going on 3 years old.

Is there a particular reason you have it narrowed down to those two in particular?

Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    It really depends on what you need. The One X is a newer phone and will likely be better supported for longer. The One X is the phone I would go with out of the two. I had an original Galaxy Note and it was a great device, but it is also going on 3 years old.

Is there a particular reason you have it narrowed down to those two in particular?
    Get the note 3

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by stackberry369 View Post
    Get the note 3

Come on, obviously someone looking at an original Note or a One X is looking for an inexpensive device. That is like telling someone to buy a BMW 320i when they ask if a Carolla or a Civic is better.

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by stackberry369 View Post
    Get the note 3

I know you're being sarcastic....right?
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    For which carrier. I have the One X. It is a fantastic phone, but I miss the lack of expandable storage. That is my only gripe.
    AT&T or straight talk.......and yes storage is one of my concerns not that I will use it all up but its nice to know you have more room
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

its around my price range and they both had good reviews

its around my price range and they both had good reviews
    What is your price range if I may ask and are you buying new or used?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

$280 ...I preferred to buy new if possible but for the right price and conditions I might make an exception.

I can find a HTC one X for around $235-255

Unlocked

I'd definitely go One X then out of those. The Moto G would also be a solid choice at that price, though you wouldn't get LTE and it has an admitedlly worse camera.
    wizzrah likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I'd definitely go One X then out of those. The Moto G would also be a solid choice at that price, though you wouldn't get LTE and it has an admitedlly worse camera.
    BTW Thanks for the replies........ I will get the One X

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM

AT&T or straight talk.......and yes storage is one of my concerns not that I will use it all up but its nice to know you have more room
    If you get the AT&T HTC One X, I have a toolkit to help you root it if you want.

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

If you get the AT&T HTC One X, I have a toolkit to help you root it if you want.
    Thanks.......for now I will stick to stock

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM

Thanks.......for now I will stick to stock
    Perfectly fine! If you get sick of the stock rom, just hit me up!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Perfectly fine! If you get sick of the stock rom, just hit me up!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
    Thanks.......will do