Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Moto X vs Note 3 vs. Nexus 5 - cant decide

    Can anyone help me decide which phone would be the best?

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  
    ne0ne's Avatar

    Posts
    537 Posts
    Global Posts
    535 Global Posts

    Default Re: Moto X vs Note 3 vs. Nexus 5 - cant decide

    I personally own both the Moto X & Nexus 5. I also have the Htc one which is an amazing phone, however I will leave that out for this comparison.

    If you are all about specs, 1080p displays, quick updates & unlocked phones - the nexus 5 is hard to beat. It has a great display , and both the camera and speaker has improved with the latest update.

    On the moto x side you have an awesome form factor suited for one handed use, along with a brilliant set of features. Once you get used to active display / notifications , it really is hard to go back to a phone without it. I was spoiled by it, and sure miss it when I use my other devices. The always listening feature is also very handy and really is useful. The level of software optimization going on is amazing. The thing runs very smooth, faster than some quad core devices. Also Motorola has been amazingly quick with the updates , so that is always a plus.

    What carrier are you on? There are many questions to ask yourself when choosing a phone. Really is a tough choice.



    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Moto X vs Note 3 vs. Nexus 5 - cant decide

    It all depends what you want from a phone they are all great in there own individual right.

    The Nexus 5 can't be beaten on excellent spec's for value.

    Meanwhile the note 3 can't be beaten on specs functionality, performance and the screen size is just right.

    The Motorola X from what I here is quite a device.

    It's really down to one thing what suites your needs in terms of storage, specs, price ect

    I would narrow it down to between the Nexus 5 and the Note 3. Then decide G between them two is storage and price oh and the Camera with the Nexus 5's 8mgp a d the Note 3's 13mgp but as we all no numbers don't necessarily mean anything but from what I have read the Note 3's is slightly better.

    Go into a mobile shop and try all 3 out and see what's right for you.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Moto X vs Note 3 vs. Nexus 5 - cant decide

    I am on AT&T

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #5  
    moosc's Avatar
    Grand Master Moosc

    Posts
    3,441 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,515 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

    Default Re: Moto X vs Note 3 vs. Nexus 5 - cant decide

    I would go LG g2 before the X or nexus 5. Which carrier are u on?

    Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post
    It all depends what you want from a phone they are all great in there own individual right.

    The Nexus 5 can't be beaten on excellent spec's for value.

    Meanwhile the note 3 can't be beaten on specs functionality, performance and the screen size is just right.

    The Motorola X from what I here is quite a device.

    It's really down to one thing what suites your needs in terms of storage, specs, price ect

    I would narrow it down to between the Nexus 5 and the Note 3. Then decide G between them two is storage and price oh and the Camera with the Nexus 5's 8mgp a d the Note 3's 13mgp but as we all no numbers don't necessarily mean anything but from what I have read the Note 3's is slightly better.

    Go into a mobile shop and try all 3 out and see what's right for you.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanks for the help! Amd i was set on getting the note 3,but then i started making second guesses. How good is the battery life on both devices?

    Posted via Android Central App
  7. #7  
    MERCDROID's Avatar

    Posts
    328 Posts
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Moto X vs Note 3 vs. Nexus 5 - cant decide

    If you want the biggest screen and highest spec'd smartphone, then you can't go wrong with the Note 3. If you want the most bang-for-your-buck, then you can't go wrong with either the Nexus 5 or the Moto X.

    If you value the features of the Moto X (touchless control, active notifications), its all-day battery life (as touted by Motorola), its stock UI, and its smaller size, then you can't go wrong with it. Also, it recently saw a price drop (to $399), if you haven't already noticed.

    If you want the most smartphone for the least amount of money (starting at $350), and if you value timely Android updates and unlocked handsets, then you can't go wrong with the Nexus 5.

    All three are great handsets; and they all have different feature sets. I suggest you go to Best Buy or some other electronics (or carrier) store and have some hands-on experience with all three.

    Good Luck!! And, most importantly, have fun!!
    Motorola Razr V3-->Blackberry Pearl 8130-->Blackberry Tour 9630-->Droid Pro-->Droid X-->Rooted Droid 4-->Galaxy S3-->GSM Galaxy Nexus (Stock 4.3)-->Nexus 4 16GB (Stock 4..4)-->Nexus 5 (Stock 4.4.2)-->Note 3 (Stock 4.4.2)-->Nokia Lumia 1520 (Red)

    Toshiba Satellite Win Vista-->HP Touchpad w/ CM 9 Alpha 1-->Motorola Xoom Wifi-->Toshiba Satellite Win7-->Acer Ubuntu/Chromebook-->Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1-->Toshiba Satellite Win8-->Ubuntu 13.10/Nexus 7 16GB (2013)-->Samsung Chromebook-->Asus Republic of Gamers/iPad Mini with Retina Display
    Thanked by:
    TgeekB and mayconvert like this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Moto X vs Note 3 vs. Nexus 5 - cant decide

    Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    I would go LG g2 before the X or nexus 5. Which carrier are u on?

    Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk
    AT&T

    Posted via Android Central App
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Moto X vs Note 3 vs. Nexus 5 - cant decide

    Quote Originally Posted by ne0ne View Post
    I personally own both the Moto X & Nexus 5. I also have the Htc one which is an amazing phone, however I will leave that out for this comparison.

    If you are all about specs, 1080p displays, quick updates & unlocked phones - the nexus 5 is hard to beat. It has a great display , and both the camera and speaker has improved with the latest update.

    On the moto x side you have an awesome form factor suited for one handed use, along with a brilliant set of features. Once you get used to active display / notifications , it really is hard to go back to a phone without it. I was spoiled by it, and sure miss it when I use my other devices. The always listening feature is also very handy and really is useful. The level of software optimization going on is amazing. The thing runs very smooth, faster than some quad core devices. Also Motorola has been amazingly quick with the updates , so that is always a plus.

    What carrier are you on? There are many questions to ask yourself when choosing a phone. Really is a tough choice.



    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    AT&T, and i want a phone with a great display, very fast, and great battery life

    Posted via Android Central App
  10. #10  
    ne0ne's Avatar

    Posts
    537 Posts
    Global Posts
    535 Global Posts

    Default Re: Moto X vs Note 3 vs. Nexus 5 - cant decide

    I get up to 6 hours of screen time with around 17 hours on with the moto x. Or about 4 hours of screen time over the course of a two full days

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Moto X vs Note 3 vs. Nexus 5 - cant decide

    I can't speak of the Moto x as I don't know enough about it, but battery life, screen quality are on your list then the Note 3's is great and to throw in another phone the LG G2's battery from what I have read is also great.

    Mercdroid also stated the the Nexus 5 offers the best bang for your dollar so that sure is an option that I wouldn't argue with.

    The screen on the Nexus 5 is dam gooooood, camera has improved with the update and it has ois so hmm dilemma lol

    What's your needs on storage?

    Either way just go into a store and that way you can see for yourself and take the desicion process from there lol it sure is becoming harder to choose.

    Have fun with whatever you decide to go for.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: Moto X vs Note 3 vs. Nexus 5 - cant decide

    Quote Originally Posted by ne0ne View Post
    I get up to 6 hours of screen time with around 17 hours on with the moto x. Or about 4 hours of screen time over the course of a two full days

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    What about your nexus?

    Posted via Android Central App
  13. #13  
    ne0ne's Avatar

    Posts
    537 Posts
    Global Posts
    535 Global Posts

    Default Re: Moto X vs Note 3 vs. Nexus 5 - cant decide

    Quote Originally Posted by Jake_15 View Post
    What about your nexus?

    Posted via Android Central App
    Generally a max of 4 hours of screen Time with about 16 hours on.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  14. #14  
    vgajicic's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

    Default Re: Moto X vs Note 3 vs. Nexus 5 - cant decide

    LG G2 is peace of sh.. Trust me i change 4 phones they have clicking and beeping when you talk, its good performance pone and its very cheap.
    I have Note 3 and its way better.
    Thanks and good luck
  15. #15  
    moosc's Avatar
    Grand Master Moosc

    Posts
    3,441 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,515 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

    Default Re: Moto X vs Note 3 vs. Nexus 5 - cant decide

    Lg G2 fits this bill. Fastest phone, best screen, best camera, best battery. If you want a photablet then go note3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake_15 View Post
    AT&T, and i want a phone with a great display, very fast, and great battery life

    Posted via Android Central App


    Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...
    Thanked by:
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Moto X vs Note 3 vs. Nexus 5 - cant decide

    It all boils down to what you really want. I was in your the same boat as you with the Nexus 5 and Moto X. I'm a proud owner of the Moto X and I am loving it. The Nexus 5 is an awesome phone with awesome specs and is pure Google, but the Moto X is a very nice phone. Its a little bit smaller, which I personally like, and has some pretty cool features. I have found the battery life to be freaking awesome for me. I've heard both stories when it comes to battery, but I have been having good battery since day one and I'm a pretty heavy user.

    All in all, they're all good phones. Just comes down to what you really want with the phone.

    Good luck!

    Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  17. #17  
    ne0ne's Avatar

    Posts
    537 Posts
    Global Posts
    535 Global Posts

    Default Re: Moto X vs Note 3 vs. Nexus 5 - cant decide

    Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    Lg G2 fits this bill. Fastest phone, best screen, best camera, best battery. If you want a photablet then go note3.



    Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk
    What makes it the "fastest phone "

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  18. #18  
    _X_
    _X_ is offline
    _X_'s Avatar

    Posts
    324 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts

    Default Re: Moto X vs Note 3 vs. Nexus 5 - cant decide

    I hae the Note 3 and man do i like it it's fast lag free, great screen and add the pen. Its just awesome.
    Thanked by:
  19. #19  
    Sophos's Avatar

    Posts
    212 Posts
    Global Posts
    302 Global Posts

    Default Re: Moto X vs Note 3 vs. Nexus 5 - cant decide

    Quote Originally Posted by ne0ne View Post
    I get up to 6 hours of screen time with around 17 hours on with the moto x. Or about 4 hours of screen time over the course of a two full days

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Man I would love to know what settings you're using to get 6+ hrs SOT! I'm barely pulling 4.

    I play with my food
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Moto X vs Note 3 vs. Nexus 5 - cant decide

    Quote Originally Posted by Sophos View Post
    Man I would love to know what settings you're using to get 6+ hrs SOT! I'm barely pulling 4.

    I play with my food
    +1 ... but, he's likely shutting down quite a few features when not in use. I get the same battery life as you, but I leave everything on 24/7.

    If the OP values pure, smooth-running Android & fast updates, he ought to stay away from Samsuck. The extra features of the moto x make it the best damn smartphone I've owned yet.


    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMBi-kk)
    Sophos likes this.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Moto X vs Note 3 vs. Nexus 5 - cant decide

    Quote Originally Posted by Sophos View Post
    Man I would love to know what settings you're using to get 6+ hrs SOT! I'm barely pulling 4.

    I play with my food
    I'm getting 5+ hours of on screen time.

    Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Moto X vs Note 3 vs. Nexus 5 - cant decide

    Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    +1 ... but, he's likely shutting down quite a few features when not in use. I get the same battery life as you, but I leave everything on 24/7.

    If the OP values pure, smooth-running Android & fast updates, he ought to stay away from Samsuck. The extra features of the moto x make it the best damn smartphone I've owned yet.


    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk
    But this is true too. I shut a lot of my programs down if I am not using them. Just my thing

    Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    TBolt 
  23. #23  
    srkmagnus's Avatar

    Posts
    6,751 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

    Default Re: Moto X vs Note 3 vs. Nexus 5 - cant decide

    I am very the Nexus 5 and would love to try out a Moto X. From what I hear it's a great device and something I'd probably enjoy over the Nexus 5 simply because of the battery and active features.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Moto X vs Note 3 vs. Nexus 5 - cant decide

    Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    I am very the Nexus 5 and would love to try out a Moto X. From what I hear it's a great device and something I'd probably enjoy over the Nexus 5 simply because of the battery and active features.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    The active notifications is a really awesome feature and I've had no problems with the battery life.

    Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
    srkmagnus likes this.
  25. #25  
    ne0ne's Avatar

    Posts
    537 Posts
    Global Posts
    535 Global Posts

    Default Re: Moto X vs Note 3 vs. Nexus 5 - cant decide

    Quote Originally Posted by Sophos View Post
    Man I would love to know what settings you're using to get 6+ hrs SOT! I'm barely pulling 4.

    I play with my food
    Gps on, Bluetooth & NFC off. WiFi on and connected 90 percent of the time. Auto brightness. Most of the time my LTE signal is pretty strong. I am rooted using elemental x kernel currently.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    TBolt 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Nexus 4 turned off by itself?!
    By tashad310 in forum Google Nexus 4
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-12-2014, 06:21 AM
  2. nexus newbie needs Bluetooth music help
    By Thurmojo in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-11-2014, 09:43 AM
  3. Galaxy Note N7000 unlocked worked before, now won't sync
    By ajaxblu in forum AT&T Galaxy Note
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-10-2014, 08:07 AM
  4. Just ordered my white 64GB Note 3 case suggestions?
    By Psxsage in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-05-2014, 08:53 AM
  5. New Moto X, can't install Instagram
    By PeltFrelken in forum Moto X
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-04-2014, 10:15 PM

Posting Permissions

B