1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7 wifi question

Hey guys i have a question my nexus 7 wifi signal shows red wifi does work but its red what does this mean i do have my google services on and stuff how do i fix this?

Default Re: Nexus 7 wifi question

Welcome to Android Central! On KitKat, if the wifi signal indicator in Quick Settings is red/orange, that means you're connected to wifi, but you're not connected to the Google servers. This could mean that there's a problem with your wifi network, or that there's a problem with the Google servers. If you're able to access other websites like Yahoo, but aren't able to connect to Google, then presumably it's the latter. Google servers can go down from time to time, but the downtime is usually pretty short.

Have you tried rebooting the tablet?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

yeah i tried rebooting the tablet tried clearing data tried factory settings.. but the funny thing is all the google apps work fine.play store.currents.maps.talk all of it and internet works too it seems to work just fine only its orange/red its been a day now and its still there how do i fix this?

Are you connecting to your home wifi network, or is it somewhere else like work or a local cafe? Check to see if it's also red when connected to other networks.

Frankly, if everything seems to be working fine, you might just want to ignore it. I know, not a totally satisfying answer. You are on KitKat, right? The only other thing I would have suggested is a factory data reset, but it sounds like you tried that already.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

yeah at home network and i did a factory reset already but everything is working fine yes so i guess i should ignore it i shouldnt couse anyproblems? and yes kitkat
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

tried everything still red/orange did factory reset again.cleared data on all google apps nothing works.rebooted router..i have no idea how to fix this any ideas everything does seem to work tho and sync even the google apps only thing is it gives orange color for the rest it does everything it sopose to do..

Global Posts
    6,763 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

So everything works? Go into the wifi settings and make site the option always connected is set. See if that changes the state. The reason why it could be working but red/orange is that the data is "hibernating" and not actively connected until you initiate an action that requires data. Just a thought.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

didnt work what should i do now? ignore it? since everything seem to just work fine