Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By northernbound
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon Upgrade

Hello -

I have an upgrade coming in the next couple weeks and I am eying a S4. Would it be wise to get that phone, or wait? I hear that there is a S5 that is coming soonish?

Thanks,

NB

Default Re: Verizon Upgrade

If you wait you're always waiting. That said we are close to a few new phone announcements.

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post
    If you wait you're always waiting. That said we are close to a few new phone announcements.

Which phones? Do we know yet?

Quote Originally Posted by northernbound View Post
    Which phones? Do we know yet?
    Mobile world congress will debut the S5 in Feb

Ambassador
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Mobile world congress will debut the S5 in Feb

How long after debut do they become available?

ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Hello -

I have an upgrade coming in the next couple weeks and I am eying a S4. Would it be wise to get that phone, or wait? I hear that there is a S5 that is coming soonish?
    The S5 will not be here till late spring. I don't think it will even be officially announced till March. And it will be expensive when it comes out then. It will be 4 months bare minimum and maybe longer.

On Verizon I'd probably get the Moto X right now or a G2. I would not wait for the S5
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    The S5 will not be here till late spring. I don't think it will even be officially announced till March. And it will be expensive when it comes out then. It will be 4 months bare minimum and maybe longer.

On Verizon I'd probably get the Moto X right now or a G2. I would not wait for the S5
    Thanks so much! I have not heard of the G2. That looks like a hell of a phone. Any thoughts on it?

Sure

First (in random order) battery life. I own the HTC One and the G2 (my daughters phone) last at least 2x as long but I'd guess even more. Really the first phone i don't have to constantly worry about battery life.

Next would be the display. Bright vibrant colors but not the cartoonish look of amoled. Viewing angles are fantastic too. They also packed in a large display keeping the device at a manageable size (this is relative of course)

I also like the features the G2 has. The UI is quite user friendly and the Q pairing with the G-Pad is an added bonus

The back buttons are hit our miss, you either like it or hate it it seems. I for one like it as it feels very natural because that's where my index finger naturally sits. The dual notification lights on the front and back helps you from missing calls or texts too.

It just feels like LG put a lot of thought into this phone and I for one really enjoy it

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    This was my impression post in another thread

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Ambassador
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I ended up ordering the LG G2! I hope it is a great phone! I will be back, as I am sure I will need help getting things working on it. After reading your comments and this post (Nexus 5, LG G2 or Galaxy S4?) the battery life was the thing that sold me. I desperately want to be able to use a full featured phone all day and not have to charge it. We'll see. Thanks so much!
    ffejjj likes this.

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

The LG G2 is a good phone. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Be sure to come back and let us know how you like it and/or if you have questions.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    The LG G2 is a good phone. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Be sure to come back and let us know how you like it and/or if you have questions.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    I will definitely be back.. Thanks!

ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Thanks so much! I have not heard of the G2. That looks like a hell of a phone. Any thoughts on it?
    LGs skin is ugly and annoying and you will be lucky to get one more major update out of it before LG loses interest in it and moves on. Also a lot of people don't like it's funky button placement.

If those things don't bother you then you'll love the phone. It's probably the single best Android phone you can get right now spec wise unless you count the Note 3. Though I personally would prefer the G2 to the Note 3.

G2 is a great phone. Screen, battery life, camera all are top notch. I would definitely take that over the s4 as it will be a little more future proof and won't be replaced right away like the s4 is about to be. The note 3 is also another great choice if you can handle the larger size of the device.