wifi tethering to Windows 8 issue
I have a Motorola Atrix HD with AT&T and just got a new Gateway laptop with Windows 8 and cant tether it to my phone. I get a connection but cant access the internet, it doesn't even say limited access most of the time. kind of flips back and forth between limited and connected. It worked fine on old computer with Windows Vista and it works if I tether with a usb but not over wifi. I have disabled firewall, disabled Avast internet security and tried numerous other things. I have no issues with any other wifi connections and other devices can connect to my phones wifi but not this one with windows 8. I cant figure this one out people.
- 01-07-2014, 10:09 PM #2
Re: wifi tethering to Windows 8 issue
What app are you using to tether? Check the settings and make sure everything is set up properly. Also check the app developer page to see if there is a list of frequently asked questions with fixes.
Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
- By ragman198 in forum Sony Xperia Z1Replies: 3Last Post: 01-25-2014, 05:34 PM
- By SalixIncendium in forum Samsung Galaxy GearReplies: 8Last Post: 01-12-2014, 05:47 PM
- By mickeyboat in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 1Last Post: 01-07-2014, 01:25 PM
- By hymeadowfield in forum Barnes & Noble Nook ColorReplies: 0Last Post: 01-07-2014, 12:19 PM
- By droidntn in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 01-07-2014, 11:47 AM