1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tinder bug...ruining my life

I get the notification on my LG G2 that I have received a new message, but it doesn't load on Tinder. I have tried restarting the phone and that doesn't make it load.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Tinder bug...ruining my life

It's happened 3 or 4 times now. It's unbelievable. I actually can't know what the F the message is. Surely it's in the Tinder database? But I can't see it? WTF!!!!

Try uninstalling the app and reinstalling?

Global Posts
    6,763 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

First try clearing cache from Settings - Applications. If that doesn't work then I'd suggest uninstalling the reinstalling as well and see if that helps.

If still no fix the it's likely an issue with the App, so contact the developer and see if they are aware of the issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    Try uninstalling the app and reinstalling?
    Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    First try clearing cache from Settings - Applications. If that doesn't work then I'd suggest uninstalling the reinstalling as well and see if that helps.

If still no fix the it's likely an issue with the App, so contact the developer and see if they are aware of the issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    OK are you guys absolutely sure I won't lose my matches and messages doing this?

By the way it happened again this morning.

Global Posts
    6,763 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by batterywontcharge View Post
    OK are you guys absolutely sure I won't lose my matches and messages doing this?

If you clear the cache, no. You won't lose any data. If you choose "Clear Data" then yes. Regarding uninstalling the App, I'm not sure how the service is setup. If you need to create an account and the app pulls data from a service then it all your information should re-load when you re-install the app. Don't quote me on that as I don't use the service - you're best bet is to contact the developer and verify.

Quote Originally Posted by batterywontcharge View Post

I've never used this so I can't guarantee that it won't but I guess it all comes down to is it worth risking or can you live with it?

Just log out from tinder and log back in. That should fix it. Do not delete the account as that will result in losing the contacts

Quote Originally Posted by Arm19 View Post
    Just log out from tinder and log back in. That should fix it. Do not delete the account as that will result in losing the contacts
    This doesn't work. I seem to be facing a similar if not the exact same bug. Tinder notification icon appears top left on Nexus 5, open the app, nothing new. Have logged out of the app and restarted. Also logged out of facebook for android and restarted.

EDIT: Emailed Tinder 'Contact us' link with explanation, received following response.

Dear ------,

Try typing that personís name in the Search bar at the top of the all Matches screen. If the conversation doesnít come up, it means that person either blocked you or deleted their account. Just to be sure, you can try signing out and back in. To do so, go to Settings, scroll down, hit Log out, and log back in. Tinder on!

Check out our FAQ:
    I know that this person has not blocked me or deleted their account. Explained the exact situation further, no response.