1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default If T-Mobile announces plan to pay your ETF to switch, will you?

I've been considering it for a while now. My wife and I are on a family plan with the in-laws on AT&T, so we only pay $100 for 2 lines on a 10 GB shared plan (5 lines on plan, but two use almost no data). I love the price, have no problem's with AT&T, but don't really like being on a plan with my inlaws. So, depending on the details of them paying your ETF, I'll seriously consider switching. My biggest sticking point will whether they let me keep my AT&T phones (which I would like to use on their network) or if I have to trade them in and get two new T-Mobile phones.

Default Re: If T-Mobile announces plan to pay your ETF to switch, will you?

Switch to T-Mobile and have them pay your AT&T ETF.

Keep your phones from AT&T to use on T-Mobile.

End your contract with T-Mobile, take your AT&T phones and go to Straight Talk with their $45 unlimited plan.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude074 View Post
    Switch to T-Mobile and have them pay your AT&T ETF.

Keep your phones from AT&T to use on T-Mobile.

End your contract with T-Mobile, take your AT&T phones and go to Straight Talk with their $45 unlimited plan.
    As it turns out, you do have to trade in your AT&T device for TMo to pay your ETF.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Nope! No Tmo towers here in VT and att just offers much better coverage IMO. Worth the extra $10 in my book.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!

I wonder how many people this promotion will draw. Could be wrong but I'd guess not many.

If you're on one of those family plans where leaving wouldn't save you a lot of $ monthly then you're probably not leaving.

If otoh you're getting raped on an individual verizon plan as I was, well then just educating myself about T-Mo's coverage locally & the $30 prepaid plan was enough for me to switch without the EFT incentive.
    "Oh no I gotta pay $170 for the EFT!?"...
    Except it actually saved me $130 because if I had honored the last 6mo's of the contract, I'd have paid $300 more over those 6 months (($80-30)*6) with a crappy plan of limited text/data & minutes I never use to boot.
    I mean I'll still take the $170 if someone wants to give it to me but whatever.

I was reading about b this earlier. You have to turn in your old phone. AND give up your old number. Thanks su c ks if you have had the same number for years

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    Have you tried SEARCH today? LPCZI9G4

From what I've read, you can just port your number so you can keep it.

Before I could even consider a switch I need to see that they'd be able to provide the same type of coverage I have with Verizon. So far from my experience Verizon still provides the best coverage where I live and work and travel. When traveling, I've always had coverage even LTE in remote areas I didn't expect it. To me that's invaluable!

Not to mention I still have grandfathered unlimited data and get a good discount (20%) from my employer. Switching would be a cut my nose to spite my face kind of thing. Makes no sense for me.