Wait for samsung tab 8.4 pro or get LG G pad Google edition now?

hj3806

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Any one have an opinion on the upcoming tab pro? I have the note 3 and I want a tablet in the 8 inch range. The nexus 7 looks good but I don't know if it'll be updated soon, as well as it not being that much bigger than my phone. I plan on getting the note pro 12.2 as my go to tablet for school, note taking, etc. However I had an ipad mini that I lounged around with a lot and I miss that.

I'm interested in the LG G pad because it's pure android but does anyone think the Samsung tab pro might be better (even though it'll probably get the future updates at a lag)?

Posted via Android Central App

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
All I can say is the G-Pad is very nice. Bought it for my daughter for Christmas.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
The Nexus 7 is pure android. I am pretty sure it'll be updated for a while now. Unless I'm completely missing something, but I don't think I am. I haven't played with the G Pad so I don't know about that. Though I have heard that the Google Play edition was a pretty good tablet. I personally haven't enjoyed any of the Samsung phones or the Samsung Tab 8.0 (I believe its called, not positive.) My friend has one and I didn't enjoy it. That's only my personal opinion though. Yours could be different. I had the first generation Nexus 7 and loved it. Thinking about picking up the 2013 edition soon.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 7 is pure android. I am pretty sure it'll be updated for a while now. Unless I'm completely missing something, but I don't think I am. I haven't played with the G Pad so I don't know about that. Though I have heard that the Google Play edition was a pretty good tablet. I personally haven't enjoyed any of the Samsung phones or the Samsung Tab 8.0 (I believe its called, not positive.) My friend has one and I didn't enjoy it. That's only my personal opinion though. Yours could be different. I had the first generation Nexus 7 and loved it. Thinking about picking up the 2013 edition soon.

You suggested something that has nothing to do what the OP asked for advice on.

Posted via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
You suggested something that has nothing to do what the OP asked for advice on.

Ah, and you put forth no effort what so ever to help the OP.

How about I explain myself more for the OP. Out of those, I suggest the Nexus 7 because I have personally owned one. I haven't played around with any of the other tablets, but since the Note Pro is a Samsung device I am assuming that it basically has the same UI. Samsung's TouchWiz, in my opinion, isn't great. That's why I threw in the Samsung Tab for example. I prefer the Vanilla Android experience and the Nexus 7 will be updated for some time I'm sure.

All I was trying to do was help. Thought that'd what this forum was for.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I would suggest the GPad if you don't want to wait on the Samsung Tab. Who knows when it'll become available where you live.

hj3806

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for everyone's response! I live in the U.S. so I heard Q1 but I'm not sure when... I'm attracted to the screen resolution that the Tab Pro boasts on the 8.4., but I also like the pure android systems. The reason I'm not interested in the Nexus 7 as much is just because it's so close to size to my Note 3. I compared it in a store and it was so similar! Anyways, I may purchase the G Pad gPE and see how I like it.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for everyone's response! I live in the U.S. so I heard Q1 but I'm not sure when... I'm attracted to the screen resolution that the Tab Pro boasts on the 8.4., but I also like the pure android systems. The reason I'm not interested in the Nexus 7 as much is just because it's so close to size to my Note 3. I compared it in a store and it was so similar! Anyways, I may purchase the G Pad gPE and see how I like it.

Sounds like a good idea, if you don't like it return it, and wait on the Tab.

jonathan yoakum

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I would wait.
Thanks,
Ziffid

Nexus 7 (2013) owner since September.
Android freedom overshadows iOS like a MountainRange (IPad mini 64gb 4g).
But the Nexus7 is buggy (blame Asus) (former IT/current network Engineer).

IMHO lg g pad enticing today but with 2500 resolution and true WiFi/expanded memory in 2014 wait til spring. Just don't eat fast one day a week and it will pay off to wait/craigslist (in a public place) your device to upgrade.

Once "they" launch true pure android multi screen who knows, it could become a true multi yr device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith